Slightly above median at lower T14 Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Slightly above median at lower T14

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:43 am

Grades recently came out for my school, and I didn't end up where I really wanted to be. Slightly above median, pretty much right around it. My main question is, am I in an uphill battle to get big law? Obviously, I know that I need to figure out what went wrong and do better in the spring, and my chances can change drastically. As of now though, am I in a very bad spot?

Some background info... Came straight through from undergrad, large public, no real WE. Ideally would like to end doing Big law in DC or back home in a secondary market.

daleearnhardt123

Bronze

Re: Slightly above median at lower T14

Post by daleearnhardt123 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:49 am

Forget DC, prepare to bid NY, and do your best to network between now and August in your home market.

ru2486

Bronze

Re: Slightly above median at lower T14

Post by ru2486 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:55 am

daleearnhardt123 wrote:Forget DC, prepare to bid NY, and do your best to network between now and August in your home market.

truth spoken above. devote much of your time to networking with undergrad and/or law school alumni in NYC. worked for me (I was a T-14 transfer with subpar grades.) PM me if you have any questions.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”