Women's wear option for 1L diversity firm reception Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
girlrunning

New

Women's wear option for 1L diversity firm reception

Post by girlrunning » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:15 am

Long time lurker/current 1L. I just wanted to ask specifically what I could wear to a 1L diversity reception in the South.

The firms are all interviewing at one of the hiring firms offices and the night before they are having a reception. There's no dress code listed, but some extra things about the event: Firms have already narrowed candidates down at that point, it's not an "open" event, I'm a girl (only mentioning because of all the options), and I have only one suit (with a skirt and pant option).

The latter is more so why I'm asking. On interview day (day after reception), I plan on wearing my skirt suit with panty hose and following all of the other TLS collected advice on women's wear for interviews. Is it gauche/awkward to wear same skirt suit, different shell? (I don't think I can afford to buy another suit this close to the event.) Is a business dress an option? (I'm worried about how much leg/arm I'm showing if not wearing suit.)

Our school has many of the interviewing students get hired at this event. Don't personally know many of the 2Ls/3Ls that have gone through this event, hence the question.

spiritniffler189

Bronze

Re: Women's wear option for 1L diversity firm reception

Post by spiritniffler189 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:37 am

Definitely wear a suit -- not a dress. I think it's fine to wear same skirt suit, different shell. That's probably what I'd do. Good luck!

girlrunning

New

Re: Women's wear option for 1L diversity firm reception

Post by girlrunning » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:47 am

spiritniffler189 wrote:Definitely wear a suit -- not a dress. I think it's fine to wear same skirt suit, different shell. That's probably what I'd do. Good luck!
Thanks!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”