mass mailing for below median Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

mass mailing for below median

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:53 pm

I know everyone keeps saying to mass mail, but it seems like the only people who get bites off that are those with good grades. I am below median and feel that mass mailing might be a waste of time because there's no way firms would select my application from their huge pile with others who have way better grades.
I know it's better to go for it then not, but mass mailing takes time due to personalizing cover letters and I'd rather spend my time doing something that could be more effective.

Is mass mailing really worth it for those below median?
Which firms should I mass mail, are there any in particular that would give my resume a look even with my grades? (I have an international background if that helps).
Are there any other ways I can get interviews other than mass mailing that are more helpful for those with low grades?

goldeneye

Silver

Re: mass mailing for below median

Post by goldeneye » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:00 pm

You answered your own question. How else do you think you'll get interviews? Keep mailing. Or drop out.
Last edited by goldeneye on Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pokemon

Gold

Re: mass mailing for below median

Post by Pokemon » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I know everyone keeps saying to mass mail, but it seems like the only people who get bites off that are those with good grades. I am below median and feel that mass mailing might be a waste of time because there's no way firms would select my application from their huge pile with others who have way better grades.
I know it's better to go for it then not, but mass mailing takes time due to personalizing cover letters and I'd rather spend my time doing something that could be more effective.

Is mass mailing really worth it for those below median?
Which firms should I mass mail, are there any in particular that would give my resume a look even with my grades? (I have an international background if that helps).
Are there any other ways I can get interviews other than mass mailing that are more helpful for those with low grades?
International background as in Europe? Try London...
Other than that, just mass mail... note that outside of NYC it might be hard to break if you are foreign (firms look for ties and I was told this point blank by an attorney). Try focusing slightly more to firms with large international practices so you provide them with a better narrative.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”