2014 Government Honors Programs Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: 2014 Government Honors Programs

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:12 pm

Any updates?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:58 pm

Interviewed at DOL & NLRB Regional Offices. No word yet.

An NLRB regional office told me they were waiting for funding from Congress. Budget passed 2 weeks ago. If they are on point, my guess is that they'd be conducting criminal background checks and contacting references soon.

Good luck! (unless you're competing with me :-) )

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Interviewed at DOL & NLRB Regional Offices. No word yet.

An NLRB regional office told me they were waiting for funding from Congress. Budget passed 2 weeks ago. If they are on point, my guess is that they'd be conducting criminal background checks and contacting references soon.

Thanks for the info! When did you hear that they were waiting on funding? I assumed any funding questions were settled when Congress passed the budget.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Interviewed at DOL & NLRB Regional Offices. No word yet.

What regions are the offices located for which you applied? And how long ago were the interviews?

I believe the recent budget gave more room to all agencies to eventually start hiring. I think the regional offices have to wait on word from main office in DC.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:32 pm

I interviewed in late November and early December (in regional offices in the Midwest and West Coast) and that's when I heard about their budget concerns. Regional offices have to wait for "confirmation" from D.C. which is an unnecessarily arduous process (having gone through it before as a federal employee).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I interviewed in late November and early December (in regional offices in the Midwest and West Coast) and that's when I heard about their budget concerns. Regional offices have to wait for "confirmation" from D.C. which is an unnecessarily arduous process (having gone through it before as a federal employee).
Have you recently asked for an update by any chance?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:16 pm

No. I figure it'll happen if it happens. I have a job offer elsewhere that I can fall back on if this doesn't work out.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:41 am

I got an offer from DOL at an east coast regional office this week. My interviewer asked me to rank my geographic preferences in December, after which I wrote them several times asking if I could supplement my application with anything that would help their decision. Following one such email, my top choice regional office scheduled an interview with me, which lasted almost an hour.

Really happy right now. I echo the other person's advice to reach out and contact them. Good luck!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:28 am

When did you receive this offer? As in, what day this week? Have all regional offers gone out?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:32 pm

Also curious as to when you had your interview with DOL? I had an interview with a DOL Regional Office in the Southeast about two weeks ago. They said they were hoping for a fast turn around, but I haven't heard anything good or bad. :cry:

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:49 am

What office did you interview for in the Southeast? Atlanta?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:50 am

Anonymous User wrote:What office did you interview for in the Southeast? Atlanta?
Yep. Do you know if offers have gone out?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:57 am

I don't, although I didn't list Atlanta on my preferences. That said, best of luck amigo.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I interviewed in late November and early December (in regional offices in the Midwest and West Coast) and that's when I heard about their budget concerns. Regional offices have to wait for "confirmation" from D.C. which is an unnecessarily arduous process (having gone through it before as a federal employee).
Do you happen to know what "confirmation" entails? The regional office at which I interviewed is at this stage, and it's taking forever.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:25 pm

What regional office did you interview at?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:What regional office did you interview at?
It's in the Southwest.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:15 pm

Dallas? For DOL or NLRB?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Dallas? For DOL or NLRB?
NLRB. I don't want to get any more specific with the location.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:43 pm

Did anyone get an additional interview or news from the Boston DOL office?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Dallas? For DOL or NLRB?
NLRB. I don't want to get any more specific with the location.
Got it, thanks.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:10 am

Anonymous User wrote:I got an offer from DOL at an east coast regional office this week. My interviewer asked me to rank my geographic preferences in December, after which I wrote them several times asking if I could supplement my application with anything that would help their decision. Following one such email, my top choice regional office scheduled an interview with me, which lasted almost an hour.

Really happy right now. I echo the other person's advice to reach out and contact them. Good luck!
Congrats!!! How long after your interview did you get the offer? I interviewed for a regional office almost two weeks ago and wondering if there's any hope left.
Thanks!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:26 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I got an offer from DOL at an east coast regional office this week. My interviewer asked me to rank my geographic preferences in December, after which I wrote them several times asking if I could supplement my application with anything that would help their decision. Following one such email, my top choice regional office scheduled an interview with me, which lasted almost an hour.

Congrats!!! How long after your interview did you get the offer? I interviewed for a regional office almost two weeks ago and wondering if there's any hope left.
Thanks!
Mind sharing what region you interviewed for?

Anyone else have interview recently?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Thanks!

Dallas

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Thanks!

Dallas
Dallas for DOL or NLRB?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Do you happen to know what "confirmation" entails? The regional office at which I interviewed is at this stage, and it's taking forever.
Can anyone answer this question? What wondering how long it takes for DC to respond and confirm?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”