District Attorneys' Offices 2014 Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:17 am

Anonymous User wrote:Any interest in making a list of areas of criminal law/evidence that tend to be covered during interviews?

the only area i've really ever faced in an interview dealt with brady material
I interviewed last year and I actually only got one or two Brady/Giglio questions, but got some tough 4th Amendment hypos. Definitely read up on that.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Got got a call saying I made it to the 2nd round for Cook County ASA. Anyone else get this call? Anyone have any idea on what second round is like besides being a panel?

I also got a call from Cook County about moving on to the 2nd round. They said we get our interviewers' names a few days before. Seems like they are doing all of the interviews over the course of 3 days. Maybe this means we will get 3rd round info in Feb?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any interest in making a list of areas of criminal law/evidence that tend to be covered during interviews?

I interviewed last year and I actually only got one or two Brady/Giglio questions, but got some tough 4th Amendment hypos. Definitely read up on that.
For Cook County?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:11 pm

First time anon poster. First just wanted to say this thread has been extremely helpful in my application process. So hopefully this helps someone:
~ Received an offer from Miami, out-of-towner
~ Cmpleted Second round with Philadelphia
~ Completed Second round with Queens
~ Upcoming Second round with Nassau County
~ Upcoming Second round with Bronx County (they told me if I passed the second round I could do my third round the same day)
~ Moved to the final round interview of Cook County (out of town; had my first round a while ago)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:First time anon poster. First just wanted to say this thread has been extremely helpful in my application process. So hopefully this helps someone:
~ Upcoming Second round with Bronx County (they told me if I passed the second round I could do my third round the same day)
~ Moved to the final round interview of Cook County (out of town; had my first round a while ago)
Wow congrats on all of that... do you mind me asking the timeline of the your Miami interviews and when you got the offer? Also, do you mind sharing what you talked about the second and third rounds? Thanks.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:43 pm

I don't want to be too specific, but I received the offer a while back. I applied extremely early in the process so my second round was very early. Since I was out of town, I was able to do both second and third at the same time. The second was an extremely long hypo a lot of 4th amendment stuff. After that, I did my third round with the DA mostly why Miami, harping on the three year commitment and who were my favorite justices and why. They don't tell you about the third round, it's mostly if you do well enough you get passed on to the third round the same day.

Hope that helps.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:30 pm

Bronx Da's Office calling a reference after second round--good, bad, or normal?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Da's Office calling a reference after second round--good, bad, or normal?
I would think it would be a good thing. How long after your second round did they call your references?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:44 am

Anonymous User wrote:First time anon poster. First just wanted to say this thread has been extremely helpful in my application process. So hopefully this helps someone:
Thats awesome, congrats!! Would you mind sharing a little about your first round with Nassau? Did they give you any hypos?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:53 am

Anonymous User wrote:I don't want to be too specific, but I received the offer a while back. I applied extremely early in the process so my second round was very early. Since I was out of town, I was able to do both second and third at the same time. The second was an extremely long hypo a lot of 4th amendment stuff. After that, I did my third round with the DA mostly why Miami, harping on the three year commitment and who were my favorite justices and why. They don't tell you about the third round, it's mostly if you do well enough you get passed on to the third round the same day.

Hope that helps.
2L here hoping to be in a similar position next year (still a pipe dream) - Miami would be awesome, but I'd more ideally be in one of the boroughs of New York. How were you able to tell Miami, "Hey, I'm still waiting on a few more offices?" without losing the offer?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:27 am

The Nassau interview was very laid back. One hypo but the hypo was very easy

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:30 am

I just told them "hey I'm waiting on a few more offices." lol. Although, I do have to give them an answer soon. But they do work with you because they know most offices have not even begun second and third interviews as of yet.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

For Cook County?
No, NY offices.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Da's Office calling a reference after second round--good, bad, or normal?
I would think it would be a good thing. How long after your second round did they call your references?

A couple of days later.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:45 pm

This is a great thread. Thank you to whoever set this up!

FWIW, here's where I currently am in my process:

- Had final round with Miami several weeks ago
- Have second round in Philly coming up soon
- Had second round with NY County a few weeks ago
- Was bounced after one round with Nassau (through my school's OCI several months ago)
- Had first round with Bronx through my school's OCI a while back - have heard nothing since

I'm curious especially as to the time frame with Miami (after final round) and the time frame between second and third round with NY County. I feel as though December could be a busy month regarding what happens with these offices. I guess we'll see what happens. Looking forward to hearing more about everyone else's progress - good luck to everyone out there!

kay2016

Silver

Post by kay2016 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:38 pm

Just wanted to thank everyone for posting so often with updates.

I'm just a 1L but I'm pretty set on working in a DA/SA's office and so everything you all post is immensely helpful!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:This is a great thread. Thank you to whoever set this up!

- Was bounced after one round with Nassau (through my school's OCI several months ago)
- Had first round with Bronx through my school's OCI a while back - have heard nothing since

I'm curious especially as to the time frame with Miami (after final round) and the time frame between second and third round with NY County. I feel as though December could be a busy month regarding what happens with these offices. I guess we'll see what happens. Looking forward to hearing more about everyone else's progress - good luck to everyone out there!
my timeframe for hearing after round 2 about setting up a round 3 at dany was slightly over a week

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:This is a great thread. Thank you to whoever set this up!

Congrats, it looks like you've done well! Mind sharing about Nassau, was it pretty much run of the mill questions? I have my first round coming up (from out of town).

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:46 am

has anyone who's done a third round with DANY heard anything about a fourth round?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:has anyone who's done a third round with DANY heard anything about a fourth round?
I was told at round 3 that they would start going through stuff after Thanksgiving. So I'm betting the very, very earliest people will hear is next week.

In the meantime, I guess no news is good news...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:has anyone who's done a third round with DANY heard anything about a fourth round?
I was told at round 3 that they would start going through stuff after Thanksgiving. So I'm betting the very, very earliest people will hear is next week.

Thanks for the insight! And how I have become to loathe those words, "no news is good news."

Anybody who has done the second round with the Bronx heard about a third round? I did the panel a few weeks ago and I know they called my references a few days after that

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Thanks for the insight! And how I have become to loathe those words, "no news is good news."

Anybody who has done the second round with the Bronx heard about a third round? I did the panel a few weeks ago and I know they called my references a few days after that
Actually, it looks like people in the DANY-specific thread have stated that a few people have already received fourth rounds. :?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I had my panel recently (no word yet) but was told most 3rd rounds happen before Christmas and if i don't hear anything about a 3rd interview by then, it's probably not a good sign.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:08 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Actually, it looks like people in the DANY-specific thread have stated that a few people have already received fourth rounds. :?
I wouldn't put too much weight into it; it could just be an outlier who had a pending offer from another employer so they had to expedite their decision. I haven't heard of anyone else being offered or denied.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:16 am

I wouldn't put too much weight into it; it could just be an outlier who had a pending offer from another employer so they had to expedite their decision. I haven't heard of anyone else being offered or denied.[/quote]

I guess its a waiting game for at least a few more weeks.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”