Online Application Forms - Help! Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
echooo23

Bronze

Online Application Forms - Help!

Post by echooo23 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:59 pm

Every time I upload something, no matter whether it's in .docx or .pdf format, or in times in roman, arial, or some other font, it always ends up looking like garbled wingdings. Does anyone know how to solve this issue? I filled out like 20 of these damn online applications before I realized this. How do I fix it, and should I go back and re-submit apps?

Another

Bronze

Post by Another » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:50 pm

Last edited by Another on Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

echooo23

Bronze

Re: Online Application Forms - Help!

Post by echooo23 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:59 pm

In the online system, after you upload it, you can click on it again to look at it. It's at that point that I realized they were all garbled wingdings.

But, I just tried it out with Firefox instead of Safari (my default browser) and it works just fine. So I guess that was it. Oops. Also, thank god.

Another

Bronze

Post by Another » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:02 am

Last edited by Another on Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BostonLove

New

Re: Online Application Forms - Help!

Post by BostonLove » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:40 pm

hopkins23 wrote:
echooo23 wrote:In the online system, after you upload it, you can click on it again to look at it. It's at that point that I realized they were all garbled wingdings.

But, I just tried it out with Firefox instead of Safari (my default browser) and it works just fine. So I guess that was it. Oops. Also, thank god.
Okay, it seems like you have it solved now? It may be the way that Safari is opening it up on your browser.
Also, if this is through Symplicity, sometimes it has issues if the name of the document (on your computer that you are trying to upload) is too long. I don't know why, because it seems to be a matter of the document name itself, not the entire pathname.

I check every document on Symplicity before applying to things, but that's only because I've heard of issues (and had one myself) - plus it is a good final check on typos and that you uploaded the right document.

I know you got it to work, but I thought this might be helpful if others have similar issues in the future.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”