Taxation Interview Program Results Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Taxation Interview Program Results

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
hangtime813 wrote:Does anyone know which of the big4 has the most tax consulting work, as opposed to just compliance.
Depends on the group. M&A has almost none (at least at PwC and EY). International has minimal, except KPMG partner said they spend 25% of time doing compliance. I've heard others say that's not true though.
0L working for Deloitte in their state practice and our attorneys almost exclusively do consulting work.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:11 pm

Ding from PWC National, Deloitte National & Shearman Sterling
Heard about dings from Troutman Sanders & Baker McKenzie
Friend got CB from MWE

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:31 pm

When did Shearman / Baker send the ding and MWE send the CB?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:37 pm

MWE just sent rejection.

I'm assuming many people are receiving offers at this point.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:47 pm

Has anyone heard from Hogan Lovells?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:52 pm

Nope, Hogan is the only firm I've read nothing about (cb/rejections) that interviewed.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:03 am

So...who has gotten a job through this?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:16 pm

Hogan rejection (email)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:47 pm

Shearman rejection

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:46 pm

Anyone heard from Jones Walker?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:02 pm

TIP employers are up. Looks like mostly employee benefits & executive comp. Maybe this LLM "investment" was a bad idea.

Johann

Diamond

Post by Johann » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:36 am

Anonymous User wrote:TIP employers are up. Looks like mostly employee benefits & executive comp. Maybe this LLM "investment" was a bad idea.
How many firms? Breakdown of accounting vs law firms?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:43 pm

JohannDeMann wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:TIP employers are up. Looks like mostly employee benefits & executive comp. Maybe this LLM "investment" was a bad idea.
18 firms, half looking for exec comp/benefits or estate planning. only 2 are NY and non-EB/EC. 8 NY firms collecting resumes.

about 50% interview schedules are Big4

What is a competitive GPA to have a shot at biglaw from TIP, Johann? (with a top JD) 3.6 or higher?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Johann

Diamond

Post by Johann » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
JohannDeMann wrote:
18 firms, half looking for exec comp/benefits or estate planning. only 2 are NY and non-EB/EC. 8 NY firms collecting resumes.

What is a competitive GPA to have a shot at biglaw from TIP, Johann? (with a top JD) 3.6 or higher?
3.6 and a top JD will be solid. You'll need to interview well (why tax, why llm, why city). But that's a great gpa from the llm program. It can be a bit of a crapshoot too (my friend with a 3.9 who interviewed poorly didn't get biglaw -though well paying boutique -while my other friend with a 2.9 and top regional law school (like unc) got a top NYC white shoe firm. Do practice interviews with career services. Shoot me a pm if you have any questions.

Also nothing shameful about working at big 4 international tax or SALT or ma.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:15 am

Preselects are out. 6 interviews out of 30 bids, not sure if that is good or bad. Anybody get more than one interview from a specific Big4?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:46 pm

JohannDeMann wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
JohannDeMann wrote:

3.6 and a top JD will be solid. You'll need to interview well (why tax, why llm, why city). But that's a great gpa from the llm program. It can be a bit of a crapshoot too (my friend with a 3.9 who interviewed poorly didn't get biglaw -though well paying boutique -while my other friend with a 2.9 and top regional law school (like unc) got a top NYC white shoe firm. Do practice interviews with career services. Shoot me a pm if you have any questions.

Don't mean to hijack, but do you know how easy it is to land Big4 out of NYU tax llm? What kind of grades do you need? I've been admitted to the NYU program and debating whether to attend.

I have a top 14 JD, a few years biglaw (in a non-tax field) experience. I want to switch to accounting/tax accounting and less so the legal side of tax practice, which is why Big4 sounds better to me than biglaw.

Brobot

New

Post by Brobot » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Don't mean to hijack, but do you know how easy it is to land Big4 out of NYU tax llm? What kind of grades do you need? I've been admitted to the NYU program and debating whether to attend.

I have a top 14 JD, a few years biglaw (in a non-tax field) experience. I want to switch to accounting/tax accounting and less so the legal side of tax practice, which is why Big4 sounds better to me than biglaw.
Given your biglaw (even non-tax) experience, you may not even need the LLM to make the switch to Big4. Feel free to PM me if you prefer to discuss offline.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
JohannDeMann wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
JohannDeMann wrote:

Depends on how good you are at convincing the Big4 that you aren't a flight risk. I have a similar background and it's been tough sledding so far with the Big4, but I still have a few Washington National Tax interviews coming up at TIP. But I've heard that WNT is a pipedream.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:39 am

Anonymous User wrote:Preselects are out. 6 interviews out of 30 bids, not sure if that is good or bad. Anybody get more than one interview from a specific Big4?
I know a few people who had 8-10 interviews with around 30 bids. They all went to top law schools for their JD though. I think they all did okay in the LLM program too.

I got one interview per Big4 except for EY (for a few of those).

Edit to add more info.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”