Firms to Apply This Late in the Game? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Firms to Apply This Late in the Game?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:26 pm

I'm interested in practicing in either Houston or DC. I have applied to quite a few firms and done quite a few interviews but I have not received any offers so I confess that I'm freaking out a little bit. (I should add that I am participating in my school's OCI but I get worried when I'm seeing firm after firm dropping out saying they are not going to participate).

At this point, I am wondering if anyone (especially 2 or 3Ls) know of firms in either the Houston or DC market who are still looking at applications from 1Ls.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Anonymous User

Re: Firms to Apply This Late in the Game?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I'm interested in practicing in either Houston or DC. I have applied to quite a few firms and done quite a few interviews but I have not received any offers so I confess that I'm freaking out a little bit. (I should add that I am participating in my school's OCI but I get worried when I'm seeing firm after firm dropping out saying they are not going to participate).

At this point, I am wondering if anyone (especially 2 or 3Ls) know of firms in either the Houston or DC market who are still looking at applications from 1Ls.

If you can blag some diversity try the LCLD firms. I interviewed for an SA position last year at the beginning of March.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I'm interested in practicing in either Houston or DC. I have applied to quite a few firms and done quite a few interviews but I have not received any offers so I confess that I'm freaking out a little bit. (I should add that I am participating in my school's OCI but I get worried when I'm seeing firm after firm dropping out saying they are not going to participate).

If you can blag some diversity try the LCLD firms. I interviewed for an SA position last year at the beginning of March.
OP here. Thank you! Unfortunately I have nothing I can use for diversity. Do you mind telling me who you interviewed with?

thesealocust

Platinum

Post by thesealocust » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:01 pm

You should be much more than freaking out if you care that much about 1L SA positions. There are like 12 in the country; nobody gets them. OCI for 1Ls is a joke. Firms do it for marketing.

There MAY be more in the Texas market, so don't necessarily give up, but also have realistic expectations.

Pokemon

Gold

Post by Pokemon » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:31 pm

Stop feeling entitled to a 1L SA job. It is nearly impossible and not dependent upon grades. Apply broadly to other things.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:32 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

OP here. Thank you! Unfortunately I have nothing I can use for diversity. Do you mind telling me who you interviewed with?
Reed Smith in Chicago. You should email some General Counsels/check lawstudentjobs and get a corporate internship. Trying to get a 1L SA is a waste of time.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”