Updating judicial internship application

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Update the judge on

New grades + new work w/ Professor
25%
New grades only
25%
Nothing
50%

Total votes: 4

Anonymous User

Updating judicial internship application

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:49 pm

I am just curious about whether it is a good idea to update a judge who I am waiting to hear from regarding an interview about an uptick in my GPA/ class rank and new work for a professor I am RA'ing for. I had to apply for the position before our school released new rankings, and the move up isn't amazing (20% to 19%), but my new transcript shows my best yet legal writing grade, my best total semester grades, and also my worst law school grade (stupid multiple choice test). Plus, I am going to keep working with a professor I RA'd for last year by doing some research to update his textbook. I haven't technically done anything yet, but he is listed as one of my references.

Should I update the judge about these changes? I'm seeing this as a minor plus for me, but mostly as a way to find out if he has made decisions on interviews yet. Thoughts?

Return to “Legal Employment”