Miller and Chevalier Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Miller and Chevalier

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:31 am

What do people know about them, their CBs, and offers?

Anonymous User

Re: Miller and Chevalier

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:24 pm

Bump - really interested in this

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:45 pm

Also curious about this

anon168

Silver

Post by anon168 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:52 pm

If people want to know what it's like to work at MC, I can speak to that.

Dunno about the state of their CBs and/or SA offers.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:55 pm

Do you mind sharing? (or maybe about the other boutiques like Caplin?)

Thanks

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

anon168

Silver

Post by anon168 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Do you mind sharing? (or maybe about the other boutiques like Caplin?)

Thanks
I can only speak to Miller and their tax practice, but if you want to do tax and/or ERISA, that's the place to be. People are smart and generally foster a collegial atmo, and from what I understand the billable hours requirements (is it 1800?) is taken seriously, and not just as a suggestion like most V50 firms. That said, partnership track is as long, or longer, than your typical V50 firms, which can be a turnoff for many people. Lateral opps to IRS or other government agencies are really good. With all of that said, it's still a pretty button-up, traditional white-show law firm (even by DC standards).

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:12 pm

Does anyone know of CB/offers so far this year?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:11 pm

anon168 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Do you mind sharing? (or maybe about the other boutiques like Caplin?)

Thanks
I can only speak to Miller and their tax practice, but if you want to do tax and/or ERISA, that's the place to be. People are smart and generally foster a collegial atmo, and from what I understand the billable hours requirements (is it 1800?) is taken seriously, and not just as a suggestion like most V50 firms. That said, partnership track is as long, or longer, than your typical V50 firms, which can be a turnoff for many people. Lateral opps to IRS or other government agencies are really good. With all of that said, it's still a pretty button-up, traditional white-show law firm (even by DC standards).
What's with the fact that they have so few associates? I've heard that they are trying to not be so "top heavy," but almost everyone in their EB department is a member, counsel, or senior associate.

anon168

Silver

Post by anon168 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:21 am

Anonymous User wrote:
anon168 wrote:

Thanks
What's with the fact that they have so few associates? I've heard that they are trying to not be so "top heavy," but almost everyone in their EB department is a member, counsel, or senior associate.
It's because people don't leave.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:03 pm

Anyone hear anything post-CB?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:28 pm

Still silence for everybody?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:44 pm

Have they made offers yet?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:43 pm

When were people's CBs? I never heard anything from them after my screener, assuming I'm out of the running, but still curious.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:20 pm

I believe they do super saturdays for CBs. Any offers?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:30 am

Any updates?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:24 pm

anon168 wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:38 pm

Thanks
I know this post is a decade old, but thanks for this info, anon. Do you have time to briefly talk about Miller offline? My PM function is disabled, but I can give you a throwaway.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:24 pm
anon168 wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:38 pm

Thanks
I know this post is a decade old, but thanks for this info, anon. Do you have time to briefly talk about Miller offline? My PM function is disabled, but I can give you a throwaway.
I worked there more recently. I can message you if you give me a throwaway. Better yet, ask about the firm on fish-bowl and I can find you there!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”