S&C on the spot offer Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

S&C on the spot offer

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:31 pm

Anyone who didn't receive an on the spot offer at an S&C callback actually get offered a job? Was told not all feedback was received.

thesealocust

Platinum

Re: S&C on the spot offer

Post by thesealocust » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone who didn't receive an on the spot offer at an S&C callback actually get offered a job? Was told not all feedback was received.
Yep, that happens regularly. The on-the-spot offer system can't happen every time. Their lawyers are busy, the total time spent at the firm for the callback is brief, sometimes the system slows down.

I know as a matter of certainty that every year some people do callbacks with S&C, get told in the exit interview that not all feedback has been received yet, and receive an offer via phone call sometime after the callback.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:59 pm

thesealocust wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone who didn't receive an on the spot offer at an S&C callback actually get offered a job? Was told not all feedback was received.
Yep, that happens regularly. The on-the-spot offer system can't happen every time. Their lawyers are busy, the total time spent at the firm for the callback is brief, sometimes the system slows down.

I know as a matter of certainty that every year some people do callbacks with S&C, get told in the exit interview that not all feedback has been received yet, and receive an offer via phone call sometime after the callback.
Do you know the approximate timeframe for this?

thesealocust

Platinum

Post by thesealocust » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:03 pm

As long as it takes them? I mean obviously they strive for on the spot offers, so they're not going to call you in a month with an offer. I'm sure you'll either have a ding letter or an offer call within a week or two at the outside.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”