Bottom 75th Percentile ... Now What?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
rad lulz

Re: Bottom 75th Percentile ... Now What?

Postby rad lulz » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:If you are not trolling and are serious about wanting to stay in school, stop worrying about your grades. Hell, don't bother going to class. Do the bare minimum to get a law degree. In the next two years, find a local solo attorney who will let you intern/shadow them for free. Learn skills like how to collect debts from clients, how to handle small claims, etc. Nobody is going to hire you, so use these two years to learn how to actually be an attorney, because you're going to need to open up your own shop after you graduate and law school will teach you nothing about doing that. Make contacts in the local solo bar and, when you graduate, find someone who will rent you office space in exchange for handling a few matters and will refer you cases that are too small to be worth their time.

Forget the word biglaw exists. You will never see the inside of a biglaw office unless you're sweeping the floors or delivering the coffee.

Credited.

Bildungsroman

Re: Bottom 75th Percentile ... Now What?

Postby Bildungsroman » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Also: Should I even bother to try at OCI? Was thinking of Frost Brown Todd and Dinsmore Shohl. I just won't list my GPA. I was in the play this year and did some other extracurricular.

Trolololol.

Return to “Legal Employment”