Westlaw help

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Westlaw help

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:51 pm

Working on redoing a syllabus for a professor. There is no textbook for the class, just cases and articles and stuff. The prof wants me to include links to all of the assigned reading in the syllabus, so that when it is distributed electronically his students can just click the link to read the case, article, interpretation, whatever. Trouble is, some of the stuff is so old or obscure I can only find it on Westlaw.

Is there a problem with copying and pasting links from Westlaw into a document? I feel like there might be, but I don't know why. Obviously I need to be signed in to access it, will the link I copy and paste be tied to my account at all? Is there a better or easier way to be doing this? I'm obviously not computer savvy, any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Westlaw help

Postby eandy » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:52 pm

Download the pdfs off westlaw. Have professor post them on ereserve or something. That is OK and that will allow you to post better, more reliable links. If not, just giving the citation should work.

Return to “Legal Employment”