When to apply for clerkships as "alumnus" Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

When to apply for clerkships as "alumnus"

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:30 pm

Rising 3L here. I have a clerkship lined up for my first year out of law school (2013-14). However, I'd like to do two clerkships, especially since I'll be able to apply to judges who only hire alumni.

My question is -- is there any guidance for when during 3L year to apply to judges for the second clerkship (2014-15)?

Thanks!

Anonymous User

Re: When to apply for clerkships as "alumnus"

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Rising 3L here. I have a clerkship lined up for my first year out of law school (2013-14). However, I'd like to do two clerkships, especially since I'll be able to apply to judges who only hire alumni.

My question is -- is there any guidance for when during 3L year to apply to judges for the second clerkship (2014-15)?

Thanks!
There are a handful of judges who will look now at 2014. There's another handful who will look during this Fall's plan at 2014. The next big batch is next spring/early summer. I would try to make sure your applications are out by March 2014.

Anonymous User

Re: When to apply for clerkships as "alumnus"

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Rising 3L here. I have a clerkship lined up for my first year out of law school (2013-14). However, I'd like to do two clerkships, especially since I'll be able to apply to judges who only hire alumni.

Thanks!
There are a handful of judges who will look now at 2014. There's another handful who will look during this Fall's plan at 2014. The next big batch is next spring/early summer. I would try to make sure your applications are out by March 2014.
March 2013

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”