Which law firms may follow Dewey..and which law firms won't? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Which law firms may follow Dewey..and which law firms won't?

Post by Anonymous User » Mon May 07, 2012 3:45 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Fresh Prince,

If you had to name any firms in the v20 that were less stable than others, which would you choose?

Further, any firms in general you'd recommend avoiding if at all possible?
In V20, Sidley and White & Case.

Firms to avoid? I have a huge list, but its based on a lot of opinion and I really don't want to rouse anger. I'm also typing on my IPad, so it would take too long to type out anyways haha.
I'm just curious, why are we blindly trusting FP on questions of firm stability/strength (across multiple fora)? People don't seem to be questioning not only statements about general firm health (with literally zero backing) but also blanket statements about strengths and weaknesses of firm practices.

Like most others, I like to hear about the positives and negatives of firm practice, but I'm just curious why FP seems to get a pass when he makes definitive statements about particular firms or practices...

Kretzy

Silver

Post by Kretzy » Mon May 07, 2012 3:46 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

If you had to name any firms in the v20 that were less stable than others, which would you choose?

Firms to avoid? I have a huge list, but its based on a lot of opinion and I really don't want to rouse anger. I'm also typing on my IPad, so it would take too long to type out anyways haha.
I'm just curious, why are we blindly trusting FP on questions of firm stability/strength (across multiple fora)? People don't seem to be questioning not only statements about general firm health (with literally zero backing) but also blanket statements about strengths and weaknesses of firm practices.

Like most others, I like to hear about the positives and negatives of firm practice, but I'm just curious why FP seems to get a pass when he makes definitive statements about particular firms or practices...
That was me above.

Old Gregg

Platinum

Post by Old Gregg » Mon May 07, 2012 7:13 am

Kretzy wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

That was me above.
I'm not making definitive statements. In fact, I expressly said these were my opinions and that I've been wrong before. It was implied that you really should take them with a grain of salt. If, despite all that, you think these are definitive statements, that's your problem, not mine or anyone else's.

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Mon May 07, 2012 8:57 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

FP specifically said they were opinions based on some info he's heard here and there while practicing in BigLaw. A bunch of us were curious, which is why he posted. Even if FP named my firm, I wouldn't have been offended.

abc12345675

Bronze

Post by abc12345675 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:22 am

Facts are that 9 months ago nobody saw Dewey coming. So what's the point of sitting around speculating about who is next to fall? You don't know their books. You don't really know anything at all. So you can't form a sound opinion.

Bottom line, more big firms are going to implode. Perhaps 5 or 6 of the top 150 or so. But there's no telling which ones.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

dixiecupdrinking

Gold

Post by dixiecupdrinking » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:26 pm

abc12345675 wrote:Facts are that 9 months ago nobody saw Dewey coming. So what's the point of sitting around speculating about who is next to fall? You don't know their books. You don't really know anything at all. So you can't form a sound opinion.

Bottom line, more big firms are going to implode. Perhaps 5 or 6 of the top 150 or so. But there's no telling which ones.
Yeah, that's why everyone else kind of decided to move on from this discussion six weeks ago.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”