So long, doc review Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Gail

Silver

Re: So long, doc review

Post by Gail » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:51 am

Morgan12Oak wrote:
Y u mad bro? Calling it like i see it
Because this "i'm going to eat the world, step on people to get to the top and conquer all" attitude is bullshit. For every one of you, there are 10 others more ruthless. Good luck climbing over the little people though. I'm sure you'll gun your way to superstar.

And we peons will all be waiting when you get swiftly kicked from the pile.

Morgan12Oak

Bronze

Post by Morgan12Oak » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:58 am

Because this "i'm going to eat the world, step on people to get to the top and conquer all" attitude is bullshit. For every one of you, there are 10 others more ruthless. Good luck climbing over the little people though. I'm sure you'll gun your way to superstar.

lmao sorry you ain't got that killer instinct bro. Some people got it, some people don't. No need to hate on me for having aspirations. I'll be less "ruthless" here and not be an internet tough guy and not say "fuck you," but better yet good luck.

BeenDidThat

Silver

Post by BeenDidThat » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:31 pm

Morgan12Oak wrote:

lmao sorry you ain't got that killer instinct bro. Some people got it, some people don't. No need to hate on me for having aspirations. I'll be less "ruthless" here and not be an internet tough guy and not say "fuck you," but better yet good luck.
I wish I could be there when you realize that dickheads really don't get that far in life.

ksllaw

Bronze

Post by ksllaw » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:45 am

Does anyone know if this trend has kept up?

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:45 am

Morgan12Oak wrote:I like this because I plan to strive to the top and now my profits won't be dwindled by bottom feeder contract attorneys.
For every 100 people like you, there is perhaps 1 "top" job available. There are thousands each year who "plan to strive to the top" and then discover difficulties they didn't imagine. Even if you are as gangster as you act here, the odds are so stacked against you that it's not only possible but incredibly likely you'll end up wishing you could find work as a "bottom feeder contract attorney" by the time you're done.

The path to success requires more than just drive, determination, and will. It requires an actual destination. The death of doc review will only tighten the job market even more and make it even harder for new grads to find work in the next few years. If there are no jobs, or the jobs are so scarce it comes down to luck and your coin comes up tails, it doesn't matter how ruthless you were, you still failed in the end.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Pokemon

Gold

Post by Pokemon » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:51 am

vanwinkle wrote:
Morgan12Oak wrote:I like this because I plan to strive to the top and now my profits won't be dwindled by bottom feeder contract attorneys.
For every 100 people like you, there is perhaps 1 "top" job available. There are thousands each year who "plan to strive to the top" and then discover difficulties they didn't imagine. Even if you are as gangster as you act here, the odds are so stacked against you that it's not only possible but incredibly likely you'll end up wishing you could find work as a "bottom feeder contract attorney" by the time you're done.

The path to success requires more than just drive, determination, and will. It requires an actual destination. The death of doc review will only tighten the job market even more and make it even harder for new grads to find work in the next few years. If there are no jobs, or the jobs are so scarce it comes down to luck and your coin comes up tails, it doesn't matter how ruthless you were, you still failed in the end.
Wrong, wrong, wrong. That guy is a special snowflake. He will rise to the top like bubbles in a glass of champagne.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”