Night Shift Legal Work Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
reformed calvinist

Bronze

Re: Night Shift Legal Work

Post by reformed calvinist » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:47 pm

But yeah I guess the credited response is there's plenty of work if you want to work either shit jobs or in the allied health field. One of my friend's older brothers works the 11-7 as a hospital pharmacist. Nursing. Paramedic. PA. Would have to go back to school though. You can make pretty good money as an OR nurse and especially Nurse Anesthetist, but obviously you can't just dive right into that shit. Even as a nonspecialized RN you would probably start out with more money and better benefits (and possibly lower debt) than working in small law or public interest. Also, I think it would be much more mobile, and I don't think the health care field in most cities is anywhere close to as insular as the legal market would be. Especially if there's a shortage.

But alas, we are in law school. I thought about a Pharm.D. (the CVS night shift sounds pretty peaceful). But it wasn't for me.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:27 pm

merc280 wrote:
romothesavior wrote:This thread is almost the most odd I have ever seen.

In any case I am sure there are many recent graduates working third shift somewhere.

that third shift probably isn't legal, or its bottom of the barrel.

paratactical

Platinum

Post by paratactical » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:57 pm

All of the big firms have some kind of after hours desk for word-processing. But this is usually secretaries and it seems like a lot of this has been shifted from an actual position to extra OT for the day ladies to share.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”