possible 1L job opportunity - should I pursue it?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

possible 1L job opportunity - should I pursue it?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:07 pm

I have a potential job opportunity through a networking connection with 2 small firms in the market I want to work in after law school. 1 is a solo practice doing family law, the 2nd is a small practice (not 100% sure exact size but relatively small) doing tax. My interest is in tax law or M&A/finance. My question is, how would either of these internships compare to a gov't/PI job or something else I could potentially be doing 1L summer?

thanks in advance!

Re: possible 1L job opportunity - should I pursue it?

Postby Shammis » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:19 pm

Simple. So long as you are doing something law related 1L summer so you can talk about it coherently during OCI you're fine doing whatever you want to. Do the one that either PAYS (if you can find it) or The one that would be the most fun for you. If you are sure you want to do tax (sorry bro lol) you can try for PI or Gov't work just to see what other areas of the law are like, if you are so inclined. My priorities are Money, then happiness (hence going to law school) so thats a choice you have to make...I'd go with the highest paying gig lol. Good luck on the search!

Return to “Legal Employment”