Resume

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Resume

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:34 am

I'm reworking my resume for OCI and mass mailing and can't decide where I need to put a couple of jobs. I'm going to be a TA and RA this fall, and my career services office said to go ahead and list those on my resume. My listings are currently in chronological order, so those two would now appear at the top. Is this ok, or should I find another way to list them so that my law firm jobs appear at the top of the employment section?

viking138

Re: Resume

Postby viking138 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:56 am

My Career Services office told me to either list it under employment but with no description, or to put it under activities. I did the latter and the line for RA looks like this: "Research Assistant, Professor John Smith (Fall 2011)"

For a TA position I assume you would do the same but just include the class, so something like "Teaching Assistant, Professor John Smith (Fall 2011 Torts)."

citygirl000

Re: Resume

Postby citygirl000 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:12 am

According to a couple of the books I read (Ivey guides including), if you have extensive law firm experience, you could include a "Legal Experience" section and a "Professional Experience" section - this way you could have the law firm jobs first

Return to “Legal Employment”