Manhattan DA/ gov't jobs - how to gauge earning potential Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
TLSNYC

Silver

Manhattan DA/ gov't jobs - how to gauge earning potential

Post by TLSNYC » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:39 pm

I know that salaries for many gov't positions are not all that glamorous, but I'm wondering what you can expect at a place like the Manhattan DA's office if you stick around for a few years. I know the starting salary is 65k, but what are you looking at 5 years out? Many thanks in advance for any helpful posts!

Anonymous User

Re: Manhattan DA/ gov't jobs - how to gauge earning potential

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:19 pm

Salary increases at DA offices are often dependent on state budgets. Salary freezes can and do happen. At one big city office, an ADA that had been around a few years told me he had not had a raise in five years. Another one at a different office (again large city) told me it had been 2 years since he got a raise.

Manhattan DA is obviously better funded than either of the offices those two ADAs were working at but still...no one goes into prosecution to make $.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”