Pre-1L Summer Internships Worth It?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Pre-1L Summer Internships Worth It?

Postby SHANbangs » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:46 am

A family friend is offering to help me get a pre-1L summer internship working for GE Legal. I'm wondering if this will help, if at all, and if it is worth the time? I would have to move to Cincinnati for a few months and quit my current job, which I rather enjoy (thought not legal related) and leave my new apartment (which I really enjoy!).

Re: Pre-1L Summer Internships Worth It?

Postby duckmoney » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:53 am

I'm debating applying for one as well. I think I'm actually just going to not apply and do nothing for the rest of the summer. I can't imagine another internship would help me get 1L summer employment (I have 4 summer internships already from the past 4 summers), and that's really the only thing that your resume will get you in the near future.

Re: Pre-1L Summer Internships Worth It?

Postby DoubleChecks » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:57 am

only if youre fairly certain that this internship will help you get a future if you want to work at GE in the future

even if not, it may still help in getting a 1L summer job, though the pressure there isnt that great (unless this job is paying and would be again hmmz)

Return to “Legal Employment”