Biglaw classes

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

BigLaw class?

International Law (survey course)
17%
Commercial Paper
38%
Neither
45%

Total votes: 29

nigelfrost

Biglaw classes

Postby nigelfrost » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:53 pm

Tired 2L preparing for penultimate semester's registration (don't you love "penultimate?" say it out loud...penultimate). Thoughts on which of these two would be better for the BigLaw gig I've got going on: International Law vs. Commercial Paper? If you don't like either, what would you recommend? And yes, I already read this thread: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=138316. Not helpful.

0Ls & 1Ls, not interested in your uneducated opinion.

General Tso

Re: Biglaw classes

Postby General Tso » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:55 pm

BigBirdLaw is an essential for any aspiring BigLaw practitioner.

BlueDiamond

Postby BlueDiamond » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:58 pm

nigelfrost wrote:Tired 2L preparing for penultimate semester's registration (don't you love "penultimate?" say it out loud...penultimate). Thoughts on which of these two would be better for the BigLaw gig I've got going on: International Law vs. Commercial Paper? If you don't like either, what would you recommend? And yes, I already read this thread: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=138316. Not helpful.

0L here.. my educated opinion: you sound like a huge douche

fatduck

Postby fatduck » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:01 pm

Who the fuck voted for Commercial Paper?

nigelfrost

Postby nigelfrost » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:01 pm

General Tso wrote:BigBirdLaw is an essential for any aspiring BigLaw practitioner.

Love it. I'm signing up now!

Kohinoor

Postby Kohinoor » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:32 pm

nigelfrost wrote:Tired 2L preparing for penultimate semester's registration (don't you love "penultimate?" say it out loud...penultimate). Thoughts on which of these two would be better for the BigLaw gig I've got going on: International Law vs. Commercial Paper? If you don't like either, what would you recommend? And yes, I already read this thread: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=138316. Not helpful.

On the one hand, this isn't employment related at all. On the other hand, you clearly only posted this to mention your firm job.

Kochel

Postby Kochel » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:38 pm

Even better than "penultimate" is "antepenultimate." You'll be surprised by how many times you'll want to use that word in contract-drafting.

nigelfrost

Postby nigelfrost » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:47 pm

BlueDiamond wrote:0L here.. my educated opinion: you sound like a huge @#!*%

Yes, I am, . . .
Kohinoor wrote:On the other hand, you clearly only posted this to mention your firm job.

. . . but not THAT big.

Master Tofu

Postby Master Tofu » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:10 am

What the hell is a commercial paper? Is it a brand of toilet paper?

Mickey Quicknumbers

Postby Mickey Quicknumbers » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:20 am

Kohinoor wrote:On the one hand, this isn't employment related at all. On the other hand, you clearly only posted this to mention your firm job.

It seems to me those are both in the same hand.

JG Hall

Postby JG Hall » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:22 am

Master Tofu wrote:What the hell is a commercial paper? Is it a brand of toilet paper?

single ply, obvi

king3780

Postby king3780 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:49 am

Just to clarify, you're preparing to register in the near future for classes that don't begin for about six months? Is that common? My school does fall registration in July. Oh and I think those options suck. That's what you have to pick from or you legitimately want to take one of those classes?

UCLAtransfer

Postby UCLAtransfer » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:26 pm

Mickey Quicknumbers wrote:It seems to me those are both in the same hand.

+1

This literally made me lol.

Return to “Legal Employment”