Callbacks and Exploding Offers

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Callbacks and Exploding Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:36 pm

So I sent an update to some firms and agencies I've had callbacks with informing them of an exploding offer in the coming days. Zero response from 'em. It's been 24 hours. What now?

I at least expected a cursory "Yeah, we hear you, and we'll get back to you" type of response... anybody have experience with this or advice to give?

Anonymous User

Re: Callbacks and Exploding Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:46 pm

Maybe you should try calling the firm?

I had to inform a few firms (3 total) of an exploding offer I had and I called and left a message with the recruiting director and sent follow-up emails. All of the firms responding either offering me a position on the spot or telling me that they would let me know before the deadline. And all of these responses came within 24 hours of me letting them know about the offer.

So maybe doing a follow-up phone call would be appropriate.

legalnoeagle

Postby legalnoeagle » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Maybe you should try calling the firm?

I had to inform a few firms (3 total) of an exploding offer I had and I called and left a message with the recruiting director and sent follow-up emails. All of the firms responding either offering me a position on the spot or telling me that they would let me know before the deadline. And all of these responses came within 24 hours of me letting them know about the offer.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:21 pm

legalnoeagle wrote:

How "explosive" was your offer? Mine is good for about a week. I sent the update email primarily because they all urged me to keep them posted of any progress with other positions...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
legalnoeagle wrote:

How "explosive" was your offer? Mine is good for about a week. I sent the update email primarily because they all urged me to keep them posted of any progress with other positions...

Mine was also good for a week.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
legalnoeagle wrote:

Mine was also good for a week.

Yeah, just heard from one firm that wants to talk tomorrow. Nothing back from the other.

Return to “Legal Employment”