Call back scheduling with other firms? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Call back scheduling with other firms?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:13 am

I have a call back scheduled in a city 8 hours away from where I am. I interviewed with two other firms in that city that I haven't heard from yet. The firm where I have a call back from said they would be happy to coordinate with other firms. Should I contact the firms I haven't heard from and notify them that I'll be in town?

thesealocust

Platinum

Re: Call back scheduling with other firms?

Post by thesealocust » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:56 am

Yes.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:56 pm

Thanks. So now the recruiting coordinator of my call back firm is asking me which other firms I'm interviewing with. It's kind of a close knit community, and he says they're all good friends. I'm most likely going to reply naming the firms, but will that mean I'm shooting myself in the foot?

thesealocust

Platinum

Post by thesealocust » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Thanks. So now the recruiting coordinator of my call back firm is asking me which other firms I'm interviewing with. It's kind of a close knit community, and he says they're all good friends. I'm most likely going to reply naming the firms, but will that mean I'm shooting myself in the foot?
Do not under any circumstnace imply you have callbacks you have not received. You can say that you've done screeners with the other firms and will get in touch to see if they'll see you while you're in town. And if you get other callbacks, absolutely get in touch to arrange the logistics. This is pretty common.

Your instinct might be to guard the fact you're interviewing with other firms, but I wouldn't worry. If a firm wants you, they'll expect other firms will too. It's not a disadvantage. Don't worry about it.

Wholigan

Silver

Post by Wholigan » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:09 pm

Why on earth would you be shooting yourself in the foot? If the other two firms haven't decided yet, they might be impressed that the first firm is interested in you. Do you think that the people from the two firms you haven't heard from will go out of their way to expound on why they didn't pick you to your callback firm? Unless you picked your nose in the interview or something, I doubt they will say anything negative about you.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:10 pm

thesealocust wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Thanks. So now the recruiting coordinator of my call back firm is asking me which other firms I'm interviewing with. It's kind of a close knit community, and he says they're all good friends. I'm most likely going to reply naming the firms, but will that mean I'm shooting myself in the foot?
Do not under any circumstnace imply you have callbacks you have not received. You can say that you've done screeners with the other firms and will get in touch to see if they'll see you while you're in town. And if you get other callbacks, absolutely get in touch to arrange the logistics. This is pretty common.

Your instinct might be to guard the fact you're interviewing with other firms, but I wouldn't worry. If a firm wants you, they'll expect other firms will too. It's not a disadvantage. Don't worry about it.
Great, that's what I was thinking. And yes, I think I made it clear that I only had screener interviews. Thanks again!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:13 pm

Wholigan wrote:Why on earth would you be shooting yourself in the foot? If the other two firms haven't decided yet, they might be impressed that the first firm is interested in you. Do you think that the people from the two firms you haven't heard from will go out of their way to expound on why they didn't pick you to your callback firm? Unless you picked your nose in the interview or something, I doubt they will say anything negative about you.
I don't know, I was just worried because every one of those firms asked "why our firm?" I don't want to leave the impression that I'm just casting a wide net in hopes of getting a 1L summer associate position with no interest in the firm itself.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”