Breakdown of where Davis Polk's NYC SA class is coming from

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Breakdown of where Davis Polk's NYC SA class is coming from

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:20 am

NYC office only.

Columbia: 17

Harvard: 15

NYU: 13

Yale: 6

Berkeley: 3

Chicago: 3

Fordham: 3

Michigan: 3

Northwestern: 3

Penn: 3

Virginia: 3

Cornell: 2

Duke: 1

Georgetown: 1

Stanford: 1

Others: Vandy, Osgoode, Brooklyn, UNC, Howard, Texas (1 each)

Numbers may be off by a bit, counted by hand.

User avatar
vanwinkle
Posts: 9740
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:02 am

Re: Breakdown of where Davis Polk's NYC SA class is coming from

Postby vanwinkle » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:59 am

The difference between CN and MVP is striking. (I'm assuming Chicago is low due to small class size and self-selection.)

cattail
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:12 am

Re: Breakdown of where Davis Polk's NYC SA class is coming from

Postby cattail » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:36 am

vanwinkle wrote:The difference between CN and MVP is striking. (I'm assuming Chicago is low due to small class size and self-selection.)


yeah! that's why I was thinking about transferring from MPV to CN, but people told me it doesn't make a difference...which I don't really understand.
I saw the SA class list of DPW from last year and was shocked.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Breakdown of where Davis Polk's NYC SA class is coming from

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:16 pm

I'm going to a V10 where there is 1 person from M and none from V. More from P but not by much. VAST majority of class = YHCN. Not sure how representative of all firms that is but it struck me a lot.

User avatar
RVP11
Posts: 2774
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:32 pm

Re: Breakdown of where Davis Polk's NYC SA class is coming from

Postby RVP11 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:22 pm

cattail wrote:
vanwinkle wrote:The difference between CN and MVP is striking. (I'm assuming Chicago is low due to small class size and self-selection.)


yeah! that's why I was thinking about transferring from MPV to CN, but people told me it doesn't make a difference...which I don't really understand.
I saw the SA class list of DPW from last year and was shocked.


Transferring from MVP to CN probably makes a difference for only a select few firms. For most firms, even in the V25, if you have the grades necessary at MVP (top third/quarter?) to transfer to CN then you're already qualified.

User avatar
RVP11
Posts: 2774
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:32 pm

Re: Breakdown of where Davis Polk's NYC SA class is coming from

Postby RVP11 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I'm going to a V10 where there is 1 person from M and none from V. More from P but not by much. VAST majority of class = YHCN. Not sure how representative of all firms that is but it struck me a lot.


Enjoy Cleary NY?

Pretty sure there are M or V people, in some cases several, going to every other non-WLRK V10.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.