Etiquette For Signing Cover Letter Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
PirateCap'n

Silver

Etiquette For Signing Cover Letter

Post by PirateCap'n » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:53 pm

What is the etiquette on signing a typed-cover letter that will be loaded directly into Symplicity (or something similar to it)? For example, I have typed the cover letter and now want to upload it into Symplicity. Should I print out the cover letter and sign it and then scan it and upload it, or is there no need to sign it since everything else is online? Clearly, the letter should be signed when it is printed out and mailed, but what is the etiquette when it is all online?

deadpanic

Silver

Re: Etiquette For Signing Cover Letter

Post by deadpanic » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:54 pm

I'm curious about this too. tagging this for later.

vamedic03

Gold

Post by vamedic03 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:02 pm

PirateCap'n wrote:What is the etiquette on signing a typed-cover letter that will be loaded directly into Symplicity (or something similar to it)? For example, I have typed the cover letter and now want to upload it into Symplicity. Should I print out the cover letter and sign it and then scan it and upload it, or is there no need to sign it since everything else is online? Clearly, the letter should be signed when it is printed out and mailed, but what is the etiquette when it is all online?
No need to sign it.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:04 pm

Sent out some cover letters via email and didn't sign 'em. Got an interview, so it didn't seem to hurt me.

ntugwater

New

Post by ntugwater » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:08 pm

no one cares if you dont sign a digital cover letter

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

PirateCap'n

Silver

Post by PirateCap'n » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:12 pm

Thanks for the help.

Sup Kid

Silver

Post by Sup Kid » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:22 pm

vamedic03 wrote:
PirateCap'n wrote:What is the etiquette on signing a typed-cover letter that will be loaded directly into Symplicity (or something similar to it)? For example, I have typed the cover letter and now want to upload it into Symplicity. Should I print out the cover letter and sign it and then scan it and upload it, or is there no need to sign it since everything else is online? Clearly, the letter should be signed when it is printed out and mailed, but what is the etiquette when it is all online?
No need to sign it.

CyLaw

Gold

Post by CyLaw » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:26 pm

As others have mentioned, signing is unnecessary.

However, if you want to have a signature on there, you can always just scan a sample of your signature, remove the background. Then anytime you want to sign something, use the saved image in document before transforming it to a pdf. This is how I sign almost every document.

--LinkRemoved--

ntugwater

New

Post by ntugwater » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:41 am

CyLaw wrote:As others have mentioned, signing is unnecessary.

However, if you want to have a signature on there, you can always just scan a sample of your signature, remove the background. Then anytime you want to sign something, use the saved image in document before transforming it to a pdf. This is how I sign almost every document.

--LinkRemoved--
I used to do this but then I realized my signature sucks and I'd rather not have them see it lol

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”