DOJ Honors Program Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: DOJ Honors Program

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:26 pm

New Update from Avue:

"Components have designated finalists for the HP and SLIP and offers are starting to go out. I know that law school career services offices can see finalist designations when they view their accounts - I'm not sure exactly what is posted on Avue. Its possible that no update is listed at this time since finalists include alternates. My office will soon begin sending notifications to non-finalists. "

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:35 pm

O.M.F.G. They are KILLING ME with the waiting.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:53 pm

the waiting is the worst.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:54 pm

I know that law school career services offices can see finalist designations when they view their accounts.
What does that mean?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:57 pm

Anybody out there with an offer? If so what div?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:06 pm

Civil Division offers have gone out. But it seems rejections have not yet been sent.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:07 pm

Any news from EOIR?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Civil Division offers have gone out. But it seems rejections have not yet been sent.
All Civ Div or particular branches? How do you know? You get an offer?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:12 pm

This whole process is interesting to me because SLIP offers have been trickling in with different departments (and departments within departments) making offers at different times, but it seems like all the honors offers are going to go out at one time (unless im misunderstanding something here)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:12 pm

UST? anyone?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:54 pm

My understanding is that all Civ Div offers have gone out. But I am not sure. No, I didn't get an offer.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:18 pm

This waiting is like :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :?: :?: :?: :!: :?

Too emotional.

I really wish we'd just know whose not finalist, who's a first-round candidate, who is an alternate. My guess is EOIR is one of the hardest to work out because of the number of positions and geographic options.

The person here who said his/her references were called, did you pick "you'd go anywhere" or did you make specific geographical requests?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:My understanding is that all Civ Div offers have gone out.
Ohhhh I so hope this isn't true. I'm a Finalist for a litigating Civil Division and I haven't received an offer. I feel like it's expected for different components and divisions within the components to move on different timetables.

Edited to say: I retract this. I'm a finalist for a civil section of a particular component, but not THE Civil Division. In my anxiety to get the latest updates, I misread this statement. The correct interpretation of this is that offers for THE Civil Division went out, right? No implications for other civil section, right?

Wow, the stress of waiting for these updates and studying for exams is really taking a toll on me! I can't even read properly.
Anonymous User wrote:I really wish we'd just know whose not finalist, who's a first-round candidate, who is an alternate.
I second this. Clear designations would be fantastic! But I do think it's actually a pretty efficient system- at least there's an online status check (I mean, it's not like you have this for private law firms).

For the next few days I'm going watch my phone like a hawk. If I don't receive an offer, it's safe to assume I'm an alternate but then I guess I'll watch my phone like a hawk until I receive an email saying it's all over? I very badly hope it doesn't come to that.
Anonymous User wrote:This waiting is like :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :?: :?: :?: :!: :?
Amen. Ever feel like all we do is wait for things? LSAT scores, law school admissions, grades, interviews, callbacks, offer calls?
Last edited by Anonymous User on Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:This waiting is like :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :?: :?: :?: :!: :?

Too emotional.

I really wish we'd just know whose not finalist, who's a first-round candidate, who is an alternate. My guess is EOIR is one of the hardest to work out because of the number of positions and geographic options.

The person here who said his/her references were called, did you pick "you'd go anywhere" or did you make specific geographical requests?
I'm waiting for EOIR slip, and the public interest person at my school said that EOIR is unlike the rest of the branches in the way that it hands out offers so not to try and predict anything based on what other components are doing.

Also, EOIR slip sent out finalist notifications a few weeks ago, so I'm definitely :? :!: :? :x :twisted: after not having heard anything yet

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:48 pm

I'd done my top five and then said I was willing to flexible within two specific regions.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:55 pm

another EOIR person just waiting / staring at my phone *le sigh*

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:00 pm

ENRD offers have already gone out. Sorry kidz.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

SumJ

New

Post by SumJ » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:03 pm

Civ Div status not changed to finalist . . . . fail

lakenyana

New

Post by lakenyana » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:16 pm

EOIR...nothing still. Finalist.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I really wish we'd just know whose not finalist, who's a first-round candidate, who is an alternate.
"I second this. Clear designations would be fantastic! But I do think it's actually a pretty efficient system- at least there's an online status check (I mean, it's not like you have this for private law firms).

For the next few days I'm going watch my phone like a hawk. If I don't receive an offer, it's safe to assume I'm an alternate but then I guess I'll watch my phone like a hawk until I receive an email saying it's all over? I very badly hope it doesn't come to that. "
I do have to agree that being that this is the govt. they are doing a damn good job. My friend applied for a govt. job 2.5 years ago, she is a veteran, and now in our third year of law school she said they are finally interviewing. lol. It's almost like you need to be rich just sitting somewhere waiting to get hired.

"Amen. Ever feel like all we do is wait for things? LSAT scores, law school admissions, grades, interviews, callbacks, offer calls?"[/quote]

Yes. At least with the LSAT there was no "finalist" drama. lol. At least law school admissions told you when you were accepted, rejected or wait-listed.

I should be freaking about finals but I am just sitting here refreshing like a crazy person. Everyone around me just keeps saying, "don't worry about it. It's out of your hands..."

If only there were a simple "off" button. I think next week by Wednesday 5 pm EST I will have worried myself into a nervous breakdown. :shock:
Last edited by Anonymous User on Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:17 pm

lakenyana wrote:EOIR...nothing still. Finalist.
same.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:43 pm

Got rejection email from the Criminal Division.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:47 pm

Anyone willing to call EOIR and find out what their deal with decision making is? I would, but I've called with a million other questions already.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:My understanding is that all Civ Div offers have gone out.
Ohhhh I so hope this isn't true. I'm a Finalist for a litigating Civil Division and I haven't received an offer. I feel like it's expected for different components and divisions within the components to move on different timetables.
So I'm guessing your Avue status changed to finalist... and that you're honors not slip

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Got rejection email from the Criminal Division.
I'm sorry to hear that.

It's kinda sucky to get rejected right before finals. What kinda motivation is that? Law school sucks.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”