Company's strange response to my interview Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
moose

New

Company's strange response to my interview

Post by moose » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:29 pm

About a month ago I interviewed with a company. I felt I really crushed the first 2 interviews (the team supervisor and a sr. analyst) but felt I kinda bombed the last one with the director. Although in fairness she was asking pretty tough questions. Anyway, its been over a month and I didn't hear a thing. All of a sudden the HR lady calls me today and asks if I'm still interested. After saying yes she says a decision will be made tommorow and she'll let me know then.

I just don't know what to make of it. Personally, i've never heard of a company asking a candidate 1 month after the fact if they're still interested only to reject them the next day. I just figured if you messed up they eliminate you from the process and move on to the next guy. At the same time, who knows what the hell their process is.

HBK

Bronze

Re: Company's strange response to my interview

Post by HBK » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:33 pm

Maybe the person they wanted to hire backed out and you are the back up. Or maybe they have a pool of back-ups, and wanted to see who was interested before they made a selection.

moose

New

Re: Company's strange response to my interview

Post by moose » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:47 pm

HBK wrote:Maybe the person they wanted to hire backed out and you are the back up. Or maybe they have a pool of back-ups, and wanted to see who was interested before they made a selection.
Yeah maybe. Kinda cruel though, I figured I wasn't getting it and I already lived that disappointment. Wouldn't want to go through that twice for the same lousy job.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”