thank you letter after interview

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
yesofcourse

thank you letter after interview

Postby yesofcourse » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:37 pm

I just had my first interview, and I wanted to make sure I was following standard procedure; so I have a few questions: 1) should you send a thank you letter after the initial interview, or only after a call back? 2) should the thank you letter be sent via email or snail mail? 3) the interviewer asked me to update him on my status with other firms and interviews I have; what exactly is the convention on how one should go about doing this? Is there any kind of strategy to it?

Gracias

hithere

Re: thank you letter after interview

Postby hithere » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:46 pm

email after the interview

tome

Postby tome » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:48 pm

yesofcourse wrote:I just had my first interview, and I wanted to make sure I was following standard procedure; so I have a few questions: 1) should you send a thank you letter after the initial interview, or only after a call back? 2) should the thank you letter be sent via email or snail mail? 3) the interviewer asked me to update him on my status with other firms and interviews I have; what exactly is the convention on how one should go about doing this? Is there any kind of strategy to it?

Gracias

I thought you always send a thank you, but the consensus on here seems to be wait for the callback.

Additional question: after the callback, do you only send one letter, or a letter to each person you interview with at the callback.

Black-Blue

Postby Black-Blue » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:55 pm

Since OCI interviews are usually younger lawyers (i.e. those who use smart phones), I think it's best to send a thank you note after they finishing interviewing all candidates in a screening interview. Because any longer and they've probably made their decision.

Return to “Legal Employment”