Unofficial Transcripts for Clerkship apps Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
AttractiveNuisance

New

Unofficial Transcripts for Clerkship apps

Post by AttractiveNuisance » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:29 pm

Quick question. As a transfer student I have two sets of transcripts and the unofficial versions are pretty messy. Would it be acceptable (or hopefully preferable) to just make a table that included the course, professor, type of credit (p/f or graded), and grade? I would include my gpa at the end of each semester's table (semester gpa and cumulative) and the class rank at the time for each.

I made it and it looks much nicer and neater, but would it be acceptable?

edit: I also included number of credits for each course.

betsyanna

New

Re: Unofficial Transcripts for Clerkship apps

Post by betsyanna » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:02 pm

could you just get a copy of each school's official transcript and photocopy them? i don't think a judge would mind looking at two different transcripts. plus, you'll have to enter all the info into OSCAR anyway, so OSCAR judges will have something like a table format with professors, credits, etc.

i only had one school when i did my apps last year, but i went for copies of the official version because (1) it looks nicer; and (2) my OCS recommended doing it that way.

TTT-LS

Silver

Post by TTT-LS » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:45 pm

Last edited by TTT-LS on Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AttractiveNuisance

New

Post by AttractiveNuisance » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:45 pm

Mmmkay... I appreciate the answers, just ordered them.

charliec9

New

Post by charliec9 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:31 pm

For on-plan and online, OSCAR has a self-entry system. You enter your class name/instructor/grade, it generates a sheet. You divide them up by school: it has an option to enter more than one for undergraduate schools and more than one for law schools (in the case of transfers). As far as I know, for on-plan/online, you don't submit the school's official transcript, photocopy or otherwise. I didn't.

helvidius2010

New

Post by helvidius2010 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:47 pm

charliec9 wrote:As far as I know, for on-plan/online, you don't submit the school's official transcript, photocopy or otherwise. I didn't.
Same here. But take an official copy to your interviews in case they ask for them.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”