2009 NLJ 250 Placement Stats Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
iwantT14

New

Re: 2009 NLJ 250 Placement Stats

Post by iwantT14 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:33 am

OperaSoprano wrote:
A'nold wrote:If these numbers are legit, why do people say that only like the top 2% of like Loyola Chicago grads can get biglaw? It says that 15% gets NLJ 250. These stats are not legit, right?
They are, but the class of '09 did OCI in 2007, before all hell broke loose. Numbers for NYC schools are depressed because of the large number of no offers which occurred after said breaking loose of hell.
this doesnt explain cardozo's 20.1% rate...i never knew cardozos numbers were this high even in the boom years

doinmybest

Bronze

Post by doinmybest » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:54 am

I wonder how low these percentages will go when we see the data for the class of '10, '11 and '12. Could we see some of these percentages cut in half? Imagine the highest NLJ250 placement stat being 25%, down from 70% not long ago. Tuition continues to raise while the ability to pay back that tuiton lowers. How sad.

jrod

New

Post by jrod » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:20 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:
A'nold wrote: Hmmm....that's interesting. I wonder how the school is faring in this market. Not to derail the thread, but how mobile is a Vandy degree?
Where is he? I was his apprentice in fine trollcraft (er, I mean school boosting), but I'm not going to do all his trolling for him. :mrgreen: The answer is, pretty mobile, within the south and mid-Atlantic, anyway, and also in New York and DC. Vandy actually publishes full employment lists, unlike 99% of other schools, so you can have a look. The school is very worth your transfer app, IMO.
The Mid-Atlantic includes New York.

BradyToMoss

Bronze

Post by BradyToMoss » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:18 pm

There were roughly half the total number of SA offers this year for Class of 2011 when compared to the total number of SA spots for Class of 2009. These numbers are in for a huge drop-off in the next couple years, at all schools. It will be interesting to see which schools take the biggest hit, but my guess is the lower half of Tier 1 gets killed, and the numbers for HYS will not take nearly the hit that every other school will.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”