NALP Data

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
traehekat

NALP Data

Postby traehekat » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:30 pm

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, as I am not really familiar with NALP data and how it should be evaluated, but I was wondering what it means when you are examining the campus interviews --> selected campuses section and you notice that in a particular region many large firms do not list a particular school residing in said region.

More specifically, I notice that almost no large firms in Chicago list DePaul in this section, yet Loyola comes up quite a bit more despite the similar rank. Does this seem to suggest if you want work in BigLaw you are better off at Loyola than DePaul?

Thanks.

RudeDudewithAttitude

Re: NALP Data

Postby RudeDudewithAttitude » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:36 pm

It would seem so, but I would go a step further and actually check out the attorney profiles on each law firm website to compare the number of depaul and loyola associates.

thesealocust

Postby thesealocust » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:47 pm

edit: never mind
Last edited by thesealocust on Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Renzo

Postby Renzo » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:33 am

thesealocust wrote:So few students go to big firms from schools like that, it's almost irrelevant whether they interview on the campus or not. If you actually claw your way into the top 5-10% necessary to have a chance at the job, you'll do as well resume spamming as you would if they were interviewing on campus.

That applies to bigger schools, too. Not as many CA firms interview as UVA as interview at Berekely, not as many DC metro area firms interview at Berkeley as do at UVA. But if a student is willing to put in the effort, that doesn't mean the opportunities are foreclosed, neh? That's obviously a more dramatic example given the distance involved, but the point remains: don't read too much into where a firm interviews.

Pretty much.

Return to “Legal Employment”