Withdrawing applications?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Withdrawing applications?

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:34 pm

I accepted a position not too long ago, but still have several outstanding applications out.

I figured I did not have to do anything unless I heard from the employers (in which case I would politely decline if an interview is offered), but now I am starting to wonder if I should formally withdraw my applications. I sent out quite a few so it would be kind of time consuming, esp. considering many of them probably won't even respond.

What does everyone think?
Last edited by Anonymous User on Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

LawSchoolWannaBe

Re: Withdrawing applications?

Postby LawSchoolWannaBe » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:08 pm

I sent emails or called offices I had done CBs at and withdrew. I figured the others weren't interested anyways.

NotMyRealName09

Re: Withdrawing applications?

Postby NotMyRealName09 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:55 am

If you have accepted a job, it is plain unprofessional not to withdraw your applications. The legal community is small, and people just might remember wasting time on that one prick who accepted an offer to firm-X and didn't tell firm-Y about it before firm-Y wasted time during the recruiting committee meeting.

Just call, say thanks but no thanks, and I think its fine to simply leave a voicemail if you don't get a person.

Return to “Legal Employment”