Firm applications Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Firm applications

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:28 pm

NYU 1L here.

I originally ruled out firm jobs, but now that I'm hearing here and there that people are getting V50 interviews (here at NYU), I kind of want to throw a few out there. I would really only do NYC. What are everyone's thoughts on firm chances at this point in the game?

My alternative is an 1L summer w/ the DOJ.

tome

Bronze

Re: Firm applications

Post by tome » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:43 pm

My impression was that firms were waiting for grades this year. On this basis, then, I would say you might as well hold off until you have grades. However, if people are already getting firm jobs, I guess that maybe you are late.

Maybe someone else has some else has some actual insight. In the meantime, consider this a bump, because I am interested in this too!

Renzo

Gold

Re: Firm applications

Post by Renzo » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:47 pm

People are getting interviews, but without the grades I don't think anyone's going to get jobs. If your grades are good enough to get you hired, apply now.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”