University of Arizona Class of 2012 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
ClemsonGrad

New

Re: University of Arizona Class of 2012

Post by ClemsonGrad » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:39 pm

Right after the tour I went to goodfellas and got drunk with some Canadian paratroopers that were down there training. Ended up going to curves with them and somehow making it home around 2. What about you?

azlawlady

New

Post by azlawlady » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:46 pm

ClemsonGrad wrote:Right after the tour I went to goodfellas and got drunk with some Canadian paratroopers that were down there training. Ended up going to curves with them and somehow making it home around 2. What about you?
Sounds like it didn't take you too long to find some fun! :lol: Glad you had a good time Clemson!

ClemsonGrad

New

Post by ClemsonGrad » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:54 am

azlawlady wrote:
ClemsonGrad wrote:Right after the tour I went to goodfellas and got drunk with some Canadian paratroopers that were down there training. Ended up going to curves with them and somehow making it home around 2. What about you?
Sounds like it didn't take you too long to find some fun! :lol: Glad you had a good time Clemson!

Haha yea it was a crazy night. At Goodfellas the paratroopers and I ended up drinking with the guy whose brother owns curves, and he told us to head on down and he'd make sure we drank for cheap. He was a very cool guy and the paratroopers were absolutely insane. I am hoping that when I live there I can have half as much fun as I had this past weekend.

I LOVE TUCSON!

bam bam

New

Post by bam bam » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:11 am

I had a great time over the weekend as well! I was very impressed!

Throwing out a question, does anyone have any good reasons why Arizona dropped 8 slots in the latest USNWR rankings? I'm wondering why they would take such a big fall.

AZisHOTgetmeout

New

Post by AZisHOTgetmeout » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:48 am

bam bam wrote:I had a great time over the weekend as well! I was very impressed!

Throwing out a question, does anyone have any good reasons why Arizona dropped 8 slots in the latest USNWR rankings? I'm wondering why they would take such a big fall.
i'm wondering the same thing, especially given their new facilities.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ClemsonGrad

New

Post by ClemsonGrad » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:51 am

AZisHOTgetmeout wrote:
bam bam wrote:I had a great time over the weekend as well! I was very impressed!

i'm wondering the same thing, especially given their new facilities.

The law building is fucking tight. I can definitely see myself (somewhat) enjoying studying there.

CamilleElise

New

Post by CamilleElise » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:28 pm

well i'm not 100% convinced the leak is real yet....but if so it's a bummer the school dropped some places.
but in reality it will change again before we graduate...

i enjoyed the ASD as well, and need to make my final decision.... *sigh*
if only tucson was on the beach everything would be perfect!

ClemsonGrad

New

Post by ClemsonGrad » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:41 pm

Do we have a facebook group yet? If not I can make one.
Edit: Here we go

http://www.facebook.com/groups/create.p ... 3258151104

arizonalaw

New

Post by arizonalaw » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:30 pm

Hey everyone,
It is my first post over here. I was also there at the Law Preview Day and was impressed with the school. The facilites are renovated, the student panel was solid (I am guessing they put up some of their best students to speak), the career prospects are great (It is the goal of the school to help all students to get a paying gig in their 1L summer).
Regarding to the rankings, I do not think the drop is a big deal. The biggest rival for jobs in Arizona is ASU and they dropped three spots as well. I don't see how a prior poster came to the conclusion that they dropped eight spots. I would say the drop is more of a 3-4 spots drop. They were tied for 38th spot with three other schools in the prior year (meaning that these schools occupied the 39th, 40th, and 41st spots as well). In terms of academic reputation and lawyer/judge reputation (the categories that I will help you get a job) it is a top 40 school, so no worries. http://leiterlawschool.typepad.com/

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ClemsonGrad

New

Post by ClemsonGrad » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:53 pm

The more I read about Tucson and the school, the more excited I get to attend. It looks like there is something for everyone in the city.

CamilleElise

New

Post by CamilleElise » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:38 pm

ClemsonGrad wrote:The more I read about Tucson and the school, the more excited I get to attend. It looks like there is something for everyone in the city.
do share! because personally i'm afraid i'm going to go from a busy social life to a non-existent one :(

ClemsonGrad

New

Post by ClemsonGrad » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:04 pm

CamilleElise wrote:
ClemsonGrad wrote:The more I read about Tucson and the school, the more excited I get to attend. It looks like there is something for everyone in the city.
do share! because personally i'm afraid i'm going to go from a busy social life to a non-existent one :(

Well, I am big into hunting, so I like that aspect of the area a lot. Plus, I went to college in a pretty small town so Tucson seems huge to me. I found plenty of things to do/see over the admit weekend, so I'm not too worried.

sawwaverunner

Bronze

Post by sawwaverunner » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:09 pm

There is also snowboarding and skiing at Mt. Lemon during the winter.

I'm on the waiting list but visiting in a week to meet with admissions. Hope to join you all next year!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jrossgilbert

New

Post by jrossgilbert » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:56 pm

Facebook it is!
Last edited by jrossgilbert on Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:05 am, edited 6 times in total.

CamilleElise

New

Post by CamilleElise » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:24 pm

aren't we the class of 2012....?

jrossgilbert

New

Post by jrossgilbert » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:49 pm

Yes...see above. Typed too quickly but now corrected. Thanks.

zonawildcat

New

Post by zonawildcat » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:16 am

Thanks for creating the fbook page. That should be useful. Hope to see everyone in the fall.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ClemsonGrad

New

Post by ClemsonGrad » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:47 am

Who all is going to do the bridge program? I know I'll be there.

CamilleElise

New

Post by CamilleElise » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:35 am

ClemsonGrad wrote:Who all is going to do the bridge program? I know I'll be there.
since i won't be out there this summer to start meeting people i'll definitely be going to the bridge program!

bbvk05

New

Post by bbvk05 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:46 pm

arizonalaw wrote:Hey everyone,
It is my first post over here. I was also there at the Law Preview Day and was impressed with the school. The facilites are renovated, the student panel was solid (I am guessing they put up some of their best students to speak), the career prospects are great (It is the goal of the school to help all students to get a paying gig in their 1L summer).
Regarding to the rankings, I do not think the drop is a big deal. The biggest rival for jobs in Arizona is ASU and they dropped three spots as well. I don't see how a prior poster came to the conclusion that they dropped eight spots. I would say the drop is more of a 3-4 spots drop. They were tied for 38th spot with three other schools in the prior year (meaning that these schools occupied the 39th, 40th, and 41st spots as well). In terms of academic reputation and lawyer/judge reputation (the categories that I will help you get a job) it is a top 40 school, so no worries. http://leiterlawschool.typepad.com/
Anybody have a link to the leak. The only ones I have found still show it at 38 and ASU at 52. must be looking at the wrong ones.

Edit: got it. Whatever. Does not seem very important to me.

mudmanfloyd

New

BRIDGE Program

Post by mudmanfloyd » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:09 pm

At the first admitted student day someone asked the panel of professors and deans about the BRIDGE program. The panel said that although all students are invited, the program will probably benefit minorities and people who are the first ever in their families to attend college. I also heard that there will be lengthy homework assignments on a daily practice. At any rate, I suppose it couldn't hurt.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

arizonalaw

New

Post by arizonalaw » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:41 am

CamilleElise wrote:
ClemsonGrad wrote:Who all is going to do the bridge program? I know I'll be there.
since i won't be out there this summer to start meeting people i'll definitely be going to the bridge program!
I am definitely doing it. Seems like a good a way to the transition into the law school pace, so that the first few days will no be as overwhelming. I got a bunch or ads from the Law Preview Company which offers a similar program, except they charge over $1k for it...

belgianwaffle

New

Post by belgianwaffle » Wed May 06, 2009 2:15 pm

Hey everyone, I will be joining you at Arizona in the fall. Excited to meet everyone, etc!

ClemsonGrad

New

Post by ClemsonGrad » Mon May 11, 2009 5:45 pm

Where will you all be living?

CamilleElise

New

Post by CamilleElise » Mon May 11, 2009 7:01 pm

i am thinking graduate student housing for my first year :-/
not sure how good/bad of an idea that is...

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”