Columbia Law School 2012! Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
dbt

Silver

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Post by dbt » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:29 am

lex talionis wrote:
dbt wrote:Ah yes of course. Bringing up the idea that I (an NYU 0L) would purportedly frequent the Columbia 2012 board and then loling at it couldn't possibly be implying something like that. :wink: No worries though, since it seems you've already visited my LSN profile.

Peace to Columbians!
BTW, is your hair still blue?
Unfortunately, no. :| I think I'm getting too old for that, but I'm still trying to find ways to stick it to the man.

Skadden Stairs

Bronze

Post by Skadden Stairs » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:33 am

dbt wrote:
lex talionis wrote:
dbt wrote:Ah yes of course. Bringing up the idea that I (an NYU 0L) would purportedly frequent the Columbia 2012 board and then loling at it couldn't possibly be implying something like that. :wink: No worries though, since it seems you've already visited my LSN profile.

Peace to Columbians!
BTW, is your hair still blue?
Unfortunately, no. :| I think I'm getting too old for that, but I'm still trying to find ways to stick it to the man.
Haha blue hair would have blended in at NYU anyway :wink:

Silver

Post by 06132010 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:37 am

dbt wrote: Ah yes of course. Bringing up the idea that I (an NYU 0L) would purportedly frequent the Columbia 2012 board and then loling at it couldn't possibly be implying something like that. :wink: No worries though, since it seems you've already visited my LSN profile.

Peace to Columbians!
I don't frequent any other class of 2012 thread. I can't argue with your paranoia, however.

dbt

Silver

Post by dbt » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:39 am

booyakasha45 wrote:
dbt wrote: Ah yes of course. Bringing up the idea that I (an NYU 0L) would purportedly frequent the Columbia 2012 board and then loling at it couldn't possibly be implying something like that. :wink: No worries though, since it seems you've already visited my LSN profile.

Peace to Columbians!
I don't frequent any other class of 2012 thread. I can't argue with your paranoia, however.
That first sentence was necessary, since I made the claim. :mrgreen: And by that I mean to say, I never said anything like that, but thanks for putting that out there.

And you've caught my paranoia. It's eating me up inside. I'm hoping 6 years in biglaw will beat it out of me.

Anyways, as you all were! Sorry if my brief joke has rattled the nerves!

Antipodean

Bronze

Post by Antipodean » Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:43 am

MrSoOoFLy wrote:
lex talionis wrote:
MrSoOoFLy wrote: creeper.
why are you calling people creeper when I still don't know why you are even in this thread?
Shouldnt you be in some backstreet alley making that tuition money?
Seriously, why are you in our thread insulting Boo?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

MrSoOoFLy

Bronze

Post by MrSoOoFLy » Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:48 am

Seriously how about you learn to take a fucking joke.

Kids these days.... :roll:

Feels bad for booya if this is a representative sample of her peers.

Antipodean

Bronze

Post by Antipodean » Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:25 am

Interestingly enough, I've never met a girl who takes offense at a man for failing to laugh when she's called a slut. There may be exceptions, but frankly, I don't care.

Now why don't you get back to the Lounge, where this kind of banter is the norm, and leave this thread to the discussion of more Columbia-relevant matters.

Silver

Post by 06132010 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:11 am

Antipodean wrote:Interestingly enough, I've never met a girl who takes offense at a man for failing to laugh when she's called a slut. There may be exceptions, but frankly, I don't care.

Now why don't you get back to the Lounge, where this kind of banter is the norm, and leave this thread to the discussion of more Columbia-relevant matters.
Seriously, back to housing.

MeTalkPrettyOneDay

Bronze

Post by MeTalkPrettyOneDay » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:46 am

booyakasha45 wrote:
Antipodean wrote:Interestingly enough, I've never met a girl who takes offense at a man for failing to laugh when she's called a slut. There may be exceptions, but frankly, I don't care.

Ok. Booya, have you gotten your apartment yet? Where is it? Why haven't you told me yet? Do you love me? I'm your mother, you have to love me - do you have any idea how painful you were in labor? So why haven't you told me? Where are you living?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Lem37

Bronze

Post by Lem37 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:21 pm

MeTalkPrettyOneDay wrote:
booyakasha45 wrote:

Ok. Booya, have you gotten your apartment yet? Where is it? Why haven't you told me yet? Do you love me? I'm your mother, you have to love me - do you have any idea how painful you were in labor? So why haven't you told me? Where are you living?
I made the mistake of telling my parents that people had started to receive housing assignments yesterday. This spawned an hour of speculation, in which they attempted to get me to discern some sort of pattern in the order assignments are being given out. While I'm sure there IS a pattern (didn't we decide it was UAH housing first, or something?) I was drunk on enough wine to berate them for a good 10 minutes about how sick I was of being asked these questions over and over and over again. Gahhh.

Silver

Post by 06132010 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:25 pm

Lem37 wrote: I made the mistake of telling my parents that people had started to receive housing assignments yesterday. This spawned an hour of speculation, in which they attempted to get me to discern some sort of pattern in the order assignments are being given out. While I'm sure there IS a pattern (didn't we decide it was UAH housing first, or something?) I was drunk on enough wine to berate them for a good 10 minutes about how sick I was of being asked these questions over and over and over again. Gahhh.
Tonight your will parents produce a graph demonstrating a pattern in housing assignments. Brace yourself.

Lem37

Bronze

Post by Lem37 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:28 pm

booyakasha45 wrote:
Lem37 wrote: I made the mistake of telling my parents that people had started to receive housing assignments yesterday. This spawned an hour of speculation, in which they attempted to get me to discern some sort of pattern in the order assignments are being given out. While I'm sure there IS a pattern (didn't we decide it was UAH housing first, or something?) I was drunk on enough wine to berate them for a good 10 minutes about how sick I was of being asked these questions over and over and over again. Gahhh.
Tonight your will parents produce a graph demonstrating a pattern in housing assignments. Brace yourself.
I will frame it and put it in the living room of my as-yet-to-be-assigned apartment!

yqsong

New

Post by yqsong » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:38 pm

okay..now i am definitely not telling my parents that housing assignments came out...

and hi everybody, wow, i have only left for china for 3 weeks, and this thread made it to 60 pages! you guys are awesome

i bet it will reach 100 before class starts

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

sbalive

Bronze

Post by sbalive » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:49 pm

122nd St. Not sure I like it, but it's not that expensive. I'm a little annoyed that everyone else seems to have a better address. Now if I do decide to take it, I have to figure out how to pay for it remotely since I don't want that charge on my main credit card while I'm traveling & my debit card's security code has been rubbed off :x

Lem37

Bronze

Post by Lem37 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:42 pm

sbalive wrote:122nd St. Not sure I like it, but it's not that expensive. I'm a little annoyed that everyone else seems to have a better address. Now if I do decide to take it, I have to figure out how to pay for it remotely since I don't want that charge on my main credit card while I'm traveling & my debit card's security code has been rubbed off :x
Did they just e-mail you your assignment? Wondering if they're working this weekend, or if I should just hold off on my anxiety until Monday.

Silver

Post by 06132010 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:46 pm

So, lem, did you hear yet? ;)

Lem37

Bronze

Post by Lem37 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:49 pm

booyakasha45 wrote:So, lem, did you hear yet? ;)
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHstab.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

UnknownElementX

New

Post by UnknownElementX » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:51 pm

*at above* hahaha!

Antipodean

Bronze

Post by Antipodean » Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:35 pm

sbalive wrote:122nd St. Not sure I like it, but it's not that expensive. I'm a little annoyed that everyone else seems to have a better address. Now if I do decide to take it, I have to figure out how to pay for it remotely since I don't want that charge on my main credit card while I'm traveling & my debit card's security code has been rubbed off :x
What forms of payment are acceptable? Could you do it through online banking?

Having 5 days to cough up ~2k is a little intimidating.

jpaul09

New

Post by jpaul09 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:42 pm

I think you can arrange to pay it via a check sent in the mail, although I don't know anything specific because I haven't gotten anything regarding housing yet! Go to the UAH website and check under FAQs. That's where I remember seeing it before.

mp2012

New

Post by mp2012 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:54 pm

I'm near you. I currently sublet on 121st and Amsterdam, and my academic year apartment will be across the street on Morningside Drive (basically 122nd). I like this area, although I wish I got a better location. That's what you get when you request a cheap apartment!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Explorer

New

Post by Explorer » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:25 am

Antipodean wrote:What forms of payment are acceptable? Could you do it through online banking?

From the e-mail: "If you do not have a credit or debit card that you can use to make your payment, please contact us at uah@columbia.edu for instructions on mailing a cashier's check or money order."

Also, is there a way to find out specific room dimensions? I'm guessing no, but it would be nice to know when getting furniture.

yqsong

New

Post by yqsong » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:44 am

Explorer wrote:
Antipodean wrote:What forms of payment are acceptable? Could you do it through online banking?

From the e-mail: "If you do not have a credit or debit card that you can use to make your payment, please contact us at uah@columbia.edu for instructions on mailing a cashier's check or money order."

Also, is there a way to find out specific room dimensions? I'm guessing no, but it would be nice to know when getting furniture.
When did you apply for housing? Does anyone know if they are handing out assignments based on whose application they receive first?

Explorer

New

Post by Explorer » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:20 am

I applied in the middle of April for non-law school housing, but I have no idea about the order of notification.

SleekFire

Bronze

Post by SleekFire » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:00 am

Slightly off topic here but..

Does anyone know if there are racquetball courts in the gym or somewhere nearby? I just got into the game and wondering if it's worth it to buy a racket at this point?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”