Berkeley Class of 2012

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
User avatar
Formerbruin
Posts: 157
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:24 am

Re: Berkeley Class of 2012

Postby Formerbruin » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:56 pm

I'm on summer break! hooray!

smoonpie
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:24 pm

Re: Housing

Postby smoonpie » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:28 pm

Hi All!
I have a good short-term option for housing. I need to sublet since I'll be residing in SF. When I did my undergrad at Cal, most of my friends shacked up in this apartment complex and were quite happy.

(Pictures to be posted later (my iPhone died) or will be e-mailed to interested parties)

Available is a 2 bedroom 1 bathroom apt with small balcony on the quiet street of Benvenue (cross is Dwight).
Very close to Berkeley campus, yet far enough from the hustle and bustle.
2nd floor unit of 3-floor bldg.
No pets, unfortunately. =(

Comes furnished with beds, desk, sofa, TV, kitchen supplies all the accoutrement of living conveniently.
Removal of existing items is also gladly negotiable.
Coin Laundry conveniently located on the bottom floor in building.

Available mid-Aug thru mid-Dec with potential of extension. (Perfect to get away for the holidays without paying rent!)
All utilities paid: PG&E, cable (but we won't cover any pay-per-views!), DSL, water/garbage, etc. what have you.
bi-monthly cleaning service available for additional fee.
covered assigned parking spot available for additional monthly fee.

Rent: $1800/month
Security dep: $900
If 4-month rent is paid in full up front, I'll offer a $1000 deduction.

e-mail me : weirdsimplegirl at gmail

User avatar
worldtraveler
Posts: 7557
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:47 am

Re: Berkeley Class of 2012

Postby worldtraveler » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:55 pm

Have we set a time or date for any get togethers before orientation? I get back to the bay area on August 5th, and it would be awesome to meet some people before we're busy with other stuff. Maybe dinner or a baseball game. Does anyone have any ideas or time/date constraints?

User avatar
Rotor
Posts: 917
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:06 pm

Re: Berkeley Class of 2012

Postby Rotor » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:55 pm

worldtraveler wrote:Have we set a time or date for any get togethers before orientation? I get back to the bay area on August 5th, and it would be awesome to meet some people before we're busy with other stuff. Maybe dinner or a baseball game. Does anyone have any ideas or time/date constraints?

I can't see driving in before the 6th...my wife has a job interview on the 10th so that's the absolute latest we will be there. Doesn't leave much time for pre school festivities, but if something is on, I'm game.

User avatar
unionorganizer02
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:05 am

Re: Berkeley Class of 2012

Postby unionorganizer02 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:10 am

Rotor wrote:
worldtraveler wrote:Have we set a time or date for any get togethers before orientation? I get back to the bay area on August 5th, and it would be awesome to meet some people before we're busy with other stuff. Maybe dinner or a baseball game. Does anyone have any ideas or time/date constraints?

I can't see driving in before the 6th...my wife has a job interview on the 10th so that's the absolute latest we will be there. Doesn't leave much time for pre school festivities, but if something is on, I'm game.


If you join the facebook group Berkeley Class of 2012, there will be a 1L social on Friday, August 7th at 9pm. It will begin at a student's apartment in South Berkeley and then transition to a bar (I think). I plan on organizing a 1L social and house warming at my apartment in Lake Merritt on Sunday, August 9th, probably starting in the afternoon. Would people here be able to make that?

User avatar
heyyitskatie
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:19 pm

Re: Berkeley Class of 2012

Postby heyyitskatie » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:47 am

awww...reading all of this almost makes me wish I hadn't deferred. Almost :) Maybe I'll get to make the Berkeley Class of 2013 thread?

User avatar
worldtraveler
Posts: 7557
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:47 am

Re: Berkeley Class of 2012

Postby worldtraveler » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:45 am

unionorganizer02 wrote:
Rotor wrote:
worldtraveler wrote:Have we set a time or date for any get togethers before orientation? I get back to the bay area on August 5th, and it would be awesome to meet some people before we're busy with other stuff. Maybe dinner or a baseball game. Does anyone have any ideas or time/date constraints?

I can't see driving in before the 6th...my wife has a job interview on the 10th so that's the absolute latest we will be there. Doesn't leave much time for pre school festivities, but if something is on, I'm game.


If you join the facebook group Berkeley Class of 2012, there will be a 1L social on Friday, August 7th at 9pm. It will begin at a student's apartment in South Berkeley and then transition to a bar (I think). I plan on organizing a 1L social and house warming at my apartment in Lake Merritt on Sunday, August 9th, probably starting in the afternoon. Would people here be able to make that?


I would be able to make that. I'd probably come to anything that isn't at a bar.

On another note, I have a bike that's in Iowa that needs to get to Berkeley. If anyone happens to be driving to Berkeley along I-80 through Iowa, PM me. I have a rack for it that fits any basic car and I could give you money to bring it out.

User avatar
feeblemiles
Posts: 112
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:30 pm

Re: Berkeley Class of 2012

Postby feeblemiles » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:54 pm

unionorganizer02 wrote:
Rotor wrote:
worldtraveler wrote:Have we set a time or date for any get togethers before orientation? I get back to the bay area on August 5th, and it would be awesome to meet some people before we're busy with other stuff. Maybe dinner or a baseball game. Does anyone have any ideas or time/date constraints?

I can't see driving in before the 6th...my wife has a job interview on the 10th so that's the absolute latest we will be there. Doesn't leave much time for pre school festivities, but if something is on, I'm game.


If you join the facebook group Berkeley Class of 2012, there will be a 1L social on Friday, August 7th at 9pm. It will begin at a student's apartment in South Berkeley and then transition to a bar (I think). I plan on organizing a 1L social and house warming at my apartment in Lake Merritt on Sunday, August 9th, probably starting in the afternoon. Would people here be able to make that?


I should be around too.

BoaltSF
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:34 am

Re: Berkeley Class of 2012

Postby BoaltSF » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:50 am

To the person asking about OCIP:

I'm a current Boalt student. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me.

The OCIP information is on the website. It is all restricted material. When you go to the CDO website, on the right side you'll see a link that says "Accessing Restricted Content." If you click that, it will take you to a page where you enter you CalnetID. Then it will take you to a page that has the username and password to log into all the restricted information.

Then to access the OCIP info, go back to the CDO website and choose "Jobs & Career Options" on the right side. Then choose "Interview Programs." Then you'll see a link that will take you to all the info about OCIP.

If you CalnetIDs are not setup to work yet, then you are out of luck right now.

User avatar
Rotor
Posts: 917
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:06 pm

Re: Berkeley Class of 2012

Postby Rotor » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:02 am

Berkeley bound (by way of New Hampshire to see the in-laws for a day).

User avatar
unionorganizer02
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:05 am

Re: Berkeley Class of 2012

Postby unionorganizer02 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:18 am

amyLAchemist wrote:Just put my stuff not in storage in my car. Leaving tomorrow morning,,,,very early. I am excited but getting sad to leave. :( You all will have to keep me company. :)


be safe. bring a lot of music. the 5 totally sucks

User avatar
unionorganizer02
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:05 am

Re: Berkeley Class of 2012

Postby unionorganizer02 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:15 am

amy how was your drive? did you make it okay? I'm leaving in 6 hours. See you all very soon!

User avatar
IzziesGal
Posts: 764
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:11 pm

Re: Berkeley Class of 2012

Postby IzziesGal » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:33 am

So I am a total loser. My friend from NJ came to visit me....and we went to see the row of houses in Alamo Square where the opening sequence from Full House was filmed. It was the highlight of our day :D

User avatar
IzziesGal
Posts: 764
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:11 pm

Re: Berkeley Class of 2012

Postby IzziesGal » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:35 am

Oh, and I am down for any pre-school festivities...

What's the info on the Aug 7th meetup? I don't have Facebook....

User avatar
worldtraveler
Posts: 7557
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:47 am

Re: Berkeley Class of 2012

Postby worldtraveler » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:02 am

IzziesGal wrote:Oh, and I am down for any pre-school festivities...

What's the info on the Aug 7th meetup? I don't have Facebook....


Yeah I have facebook but I don't check it enough to rely on it. Can somebody post the details?

User avatar
unionorganizer02
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:05 am

Re: Berkeley Class of 2012

Postby unionorganizer02 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:16 pm

worldtraveler wrote:
IzziesGal wrote:Oh, and I am down for any pre-school festivities...

What's the info on the Aug 7th meetup? I don't have Facebook....


Yeah I have facebook but I don't check it enough to rely on it. Can somebody post the details?


The host's name is Dan and the meet up begins at his place located at 2635 College Avenue #5 Berkeley, CA 94704 US on Friday, Aug 7 at 9pm. Around 1030pm, we going to go to a bar.

The meet up at my apartment will be Sunday, Aug 9 at 4pm. I will send out details later. Just got here yesterday. Things are a little hectic. Will be making a trip to the IKEA in emeryville tomorrow.

User avatar
IzziesGal
Posts: 764
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:11 pm

Re: Berkeley Class of 2012

Postby IzziesGal » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:32 pm

unionorganizer02 wrote:
worldtraveler wrote:
IzziesGal wrote:Oh, and I am down for any pre-school festivities...

What's the info on the Aug 7th meetup? I don't have Facebook....


Yeah I have facebook but I don't check it enough to rely on it. Can somebody post the details?


The host's name is Dan and the meet up begins at his place located at 2635 College Avenue #5 Berkeley, CA 94704 US on Friday, Aug 7 at 9pm. Around 1030pm, we going to go to a bar.

The meet up at my apartment will be Sunday, Aug 9 at 4pm. I will send out details later. Just got here yesterday. Things are a little hectic. Will be making a trip to the IKEA in emeryville tomorrow.


Awesome. Are a lot of people going?

Also, the IKEA is right near me. I'm in Emeryville. :D

User avatar
worldtraveler
Posts: 7557
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:47 am

Re: Berkeley Class of 2012

Postby worldtraveler » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:13 pm

I was planning on going until the August 7th thing until I got the e-vite. It looks like it's a lot of bar hopping with a big group of people, which is not really my scene. I was looking forward to meeting everybody though :(.

User avatar
Son of Cicero
Posts: 289
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:24 pm

Re: Berkeley Class of 2012

Postby Son of Cicero » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:51 pm

worldtraveler wrote:I was planning on going until the August 7th thing until I got the e-vite. It looks like it's a lot of bar hopping with a big group of people, which is not really my scene. I was looking forward to meeting everybody though :(.

--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
worldtraveler
Posts: 7557
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:47 am

Re: Berkeley Class of 2012

Postby worldtraveler » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:11 am


User avatar
zabagabe
Posts: 340
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:48 am

Re: Berkeley Class of 2012

Postby zabagabe » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:51 am

So re: the "family picnic" the day before orientation, is anyone actually bringing their family to this? I've got fam in the bay area and helping me move to Berkeley, but I'm hesitant to bring them along if I'm the only one with family in tow. ;)

truevines
Posts: 197
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:16 pm

Re: Berkeley Class of 2012

Postby truevines » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:03 am

A few questions about the tuition bill:
When will the law grant be deducted from my cars bill?
I just got a cars bill of 24,076.25 and obviously the law grant was not deducted.
Do I pay the full price and get the money back later?
By the way, I've never been able to view my grant offer letter. It's never available.
Could someone share his/her experience?
Thanks.

User avatar
zabagabe
Posts: 340
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:48 am

Re: Berkeley Class of 2012

Postby zabagabe » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:39 pm

amyLAchemist wrote:My bus stops at Shattuck and Bancroft. I did not realize walking up Bancroft to Boalt is like climbing Mt. Whitney.


Yeah, the hill is craazy. Think of it as multitasking - you'll spend less time at the gym. ;)

alleycat3
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:45 pm

Re: Berkeley Class of 2012

Postby alleycat3 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:19 pm

amyLAchemist wrote:
truevines wrote:A few questions about the tuition bill:
When will the law grant be deducted from my cars bill?
I just got a cars bill of 24,076.25 and obviously the law grant was not deducted.
Do I pay the full price and get the money back later?
By the way, I've never been able to view my grant offer letter. It's never available.
Could someone share his/her experience?
Thanks.


I was wondering the same thing. I had the full amount on my bill too (but in state) with no deduction. I just called, but they don't seem to be in the office. I'll post once I figure this out.


I think that once we register for the fake class on Thursday, in a few days after that our loans and grants will be deducted. We just have to register first. And we don't have to pay the balance until the 15th, so it should be okay.

I think. Can anyone confirm the dates, etc.?

User avatar
IzziesGal
Posts: 764
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:11 pm

Re: Berkeley Class of 2012

Postby IzziesGal » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:04 am

Anyone else *still* unable to complete the dummy registration process??




Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest