Michigan 2012 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
KP429

Bronze

Re: Michigan 2012

Post by KP429 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:56 pm

Last edited by KP429 on Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pathfinder

New

Post by Pathfinder » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:03 pm

good lord that is harsh! I've been reading this forum off and on since 2006 (joined officially in 07), but didn't start posting here consistently until last spring. I guess I missed some pretty heavy situations. care to give an example of her evil ways?

dark

New

Post by dark » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:53 am

Pathfinder wrote:care to give an example of her evil ways?
Yeah, now you've got me interested :)

Silver

Post by 06072010 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:06 am

EmmyD is actually really cool, and so is Michigan.
Totally.
EmmyD is one of the worst humans alive. It takes some skill, craft, and bitchdom to get perma-banned on TLS.
This is so far from the truth you have no idea. EmmyD is not banned. Why don't you relax, hoss?

worldtraveler

Platinum

Post by worldtraveler » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:41 am

KP429 wrote:
dark wrote:Just applied ED to Umich. It is definitely my first choice, I'm in love with the school.

Who/what is EmmyD?
EmmyD is one of the worst humans alive. It takes some skill, craft, and bitchdom to get perma-banned on TLS.
She's actually quite nice. And I believe she wanted to be banned so she wouldn't get distracted. Not a bad idea.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Pathfinder

New

Post by Pathfinder » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:38 am

submitted my ED app. Maybe im just freaking out, but should the app process mentioned anything about sending my LORs, transcripts and lsat? it seemed like I just added my documents to the app and sent it. its late and I'm tired... I'm hoping i didn't misread something

ndnlawdc

Bronze

Post by ndnlawdc » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:39 am

Pathfinder wrote:submitted my ED app. Maybe im just freaking out, but should the app process mentioned anything about sending my LORs, transcripts and lsat? it seemed like I just added my documents to the app and sent it. its late and I'm tired... I'm hoping i didn't misread something
No, that all comes from your LSDAS report, which the school will request.

awesomepossum

Silver

Post by awesomepossum » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:20 am

Awesome new thread JAG!

Good luck everyone!

Pathfinder

New

Post by Pathfinder » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:39 pm

Hey how many days did it take after you submitted for you guys to get an email from the school with your info for the status checker?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

awesomepossum

Silver

Post by awesomepossum » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:50 pm

I don't quite remember. Sorry.

I vaguely remember it taking a while but I couldn't be sure. I applied to 19 schools so it's all jumbled in my head.

Pathfinder

New

Post by Pathfinder » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:52 pm

ok good. I submitted a few days ago and haven't received any confirmation email from the school i began to worry

awesomepossum

Silver

Post by awesomepossum » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:01 pm

Wait a little while longer. If you don't get anything within a week or so, don't be afraid to call the admissions office. As long as you're patient, you're not calling over and over and you're polite, calling the admissions office isn't something to be afraid of. They're happy to field questions and address your concerns. The answer might be "we just haven't gotten to it yet". But it's not a bad thing to make sure.

vidhartha

Bronze

Post by vidhartha » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:04 pm

It took a few days after submitting to receive an application acknowledgment email. I received a status checker 13 days after that.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

RobbyCano

New

Post by RobbyCano » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:05 pm

Michigan takes an unusually long time--I'd give them two full weeks to request your report. It took that long for the majority of people on here.

wiscohopeful

Bronze

Post by wiscohopeful » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:07 pm

I believe it takes that long because they request reports in chunks, so they wait till they get enough apps...

just a girl

Bronze

Post by just a girl » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:25 pm

I think Michigan tells people they may have to wait up to 3 weeks before they receive a status checker log-in and update, so I wouldn't worry unless it goes past that time. What was the ED deadline this year?
awesomepossum wrote:I vaguely remember it taking a while but I couldn't be sure. I applied to 19 schools so it's all jumbled in my head.
Good Lord! 19 schools? I hope you got fee waivers!

Pathfinder

New

Post by Pathfinder » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:31 pm

ed deadline is complete by the 15th...i dont think i'll be complete by then... damn it. on lsn, a girl last cycle claimed that the admissions offiice would accept an ED app as long as it was submitted by the 15th (even though the site said you had to be complete). When I called the office, the woman I spoke with did not give me such hope. she said they would try to get it to the readers asap, but couldn't guarantee that I would be an ED applicant. I'm hoping this breaks in my favor... a few people from previous cycles on LSN seem to have been accepted ED even though they went complete around the 20th

Edit: i should mention I'm not even applying to other schools, Michigan is really the only school I want to attend. It's Michigan or bust

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

dark

New

Post by dark » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:54 pm

Pathfinder wrote:ed deadline is complete by the 15th...i dont think i'll be complete by then... damn it. on lsn, a girl last cycle claimed that the admissions offiice would accept an ED app as long as it was submitted by the 15th (even though the site said you had to be complete). When I called the office, the woman I spoke with did not give me such hope. she said they would try to get it to the readers asap, but couldn't guarantee that I would be an ED applicant. I'm hoping this breaks in my favor... a few people from previous cycles on LSN seem to have been accepted ED even though they went complete around the 20th

Edit: i should mention I'm not even applying to other schools, Michigan is really the only school I want to attend. It's Michigan or bust
I sent in all my material last Tuesday or Wednesday, and my report hasn't been requested by Michigan yet. I called the admissions office and the guy I spoke with said not to worry about it. I don't have a status checked yet either.

just a girl

Bronze

Post by just a girl » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:00 pm

Pathfinder wrote: Edit: i should mention I'm not even applying to other schools, Michigan is really the only school I want to attend. It's Michigan or bust
Wow, that's pretty gutsy of you! I hope it works out! You can join me among the summer starters :-)

Pathfinder

New

Post by Pathfinder » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:11 pm

just a girl wrote:
Pathfinder wrote: Edit: i should mention I'm not even applying to other schools, Michigan is really the only school I want to attend. It's Michigan or bust
Wow, that's pretty gutsy of you! I hope it works out! You can join me among the summer starters :-)

hahah yea I guess it is. I fell in love with michigan's programs; other schools in the same range lost their appeal ie UVA. so it basically came down to wasting money on higher ranked schools or spending the 12 bucks on reports for lower ranked schools that gave me fee waivers (that I would not attend even if I was accepted). It didn't make sense to apply to schools (and waste money) that I knew in my heart I would not want to attend. so like I said before... michigan or bust.

Pathfinder

New

Post by Pathfinder » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:14 pm

dark wrote:
Pathfinder wrote:ed deadline is complete by the 15th...i dont think i'll be complete by then... damn it. on lsn, a girl last cycle claimed that the admissions offiice would accept an ED app as long as it was submitted by the 15th (even though the site said you had to be complete). When I called the office, the woman I spoke with did not give me such hope. she said they would try to get it to the readers asap, but couldn't guarantee that I would be an ED applicant. I'm hoping this breaks in my favor... a few people from previous cycles on LSN seem to have been accepted ED even though they went complete around the 20th

I sent in all my material last Tuesday or Wednesday, and my report hasn't been requested by Michigan yet. I called the admissions office and the guy I spoke with said not to worry about it. I don't have a status checked yet either.
that just gave me a lot of hope... still, the admissions rep I spoke with was not nearly as positive. perhaps she was just having a bad day and I'm reading into it too much (it must be so stressful working in an admissions office)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

mijahe

New

Post by mijahe » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:19 pm

Does anyone know if Michigan typically sends out ED decisions before moving onto RD? I applied RD, so I was just trying to figure out if there's a chance I hear with the first few batches of decisions.

silver11

Bronze

Post by silver11 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:19 pm

Bump

just a girl

Bronze

Post by just a girl » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:55 pm

I think they send out ED first, because they seem to evaluate them separately and then roll over the ED deferrals to the regular admit pile.

silver11

Bronze

Post by silver11 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:00 pm

On LSN though there are a lot of people who got accepted on 11/13 last year that ended up choosing other schools. They couldn't have done that if they were ED right? So then wouldn't they come out about the same time?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”