7Sage vs Admit Advantage Consulting opinions Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
MyattDamonn

New

7Sage vs Admit Advantage Consulting opinions

Post by MyattDamonn » Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:41 pm

Hello everyone. I am strongly considering utilizing a consulting service such as 7Sage or Admit Advantage in order to draft and perfect my essays. After having spoken to representatives of both services, I was given vastly different advice with regards to the personal statement and just wanted to get opinions from individuals who have used them before.

nealric

Re: 7Sage vs Admit Advantage Consulting opinions

Post by nealric » Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:38 am

MyattDamonn wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:41 pm
Hello everyone. I am strongly considering utilizing a consulting service such as 7Sage or Admit Advantage in order to draft and perfect my essays. After having spoken to representatives of both services, I was given vastly different advice with regards to the personal statement and just wanted to get opinions from individuals who have used them before.
I can't give you advice about either specific ones, but keep in mind that the vast majority of time the personal statement doesn't really matter much. As long as it's reasonably well written, most schools are going to focus on other things. Possible exception for URMs applying with GPA and/or LSAT scores below 25th percentile and people with truly extraordinary life stories.

The #1 advice for getting into law school is to study for the LSAT until your eyes bleed, then study some more (unless you are one of those very rare birds who gets high 170s cold). Keep taking it/studying until you get a 170+ or have exhausted your attempts. Keeping your GPA up is the other side, but that ship has sailed by the time you are applying.

Where an admissions consultant might add some value is figuring out which schools you should be applying to, but I think the more experienced folks at TLS can give you good advice on that front too.

anymouseqwerty

New

Re: 7Sage vs Admit Advantage Consulting opinions

Post by anymouseqwerty » Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:54 pm

Definitely agree with the supremacy of the LSAT. But, if you feel like you are tapped out on LSAT studies or hit your target LSAT score, the consultants can be a good pair of eyes not so much for essay perfection but mainly to do a sanity check and make sure you are not too far outside the norm and have no glaring errors. They are probably especially valuable for contrarian or independent minded people who march to the beat of their own drum and who might get a little crazy on essay topics or styles. Or people who can’t write good.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”