UVA Law Character & Fitness

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
dirkdubless

New

UVA Law Character & Fitness

Postby dirkdubless » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:10 am

The first C & F question for UVA is: "Have you ever been subject to verbal or written discipline (informal or formal, and of any type, such as but not limited to warning, reprimand, suspension, dismissal, and/or detrimental impact to any benefit/privilege) for scholastic or other reasons in any of the colleges, universities, graduate or professional schools you have attended (including organizations you have participated in at these institutions), or by any employer?"

Re: the "including organizations you have participated in at these institutions" part ... I'm reading that in the sense that you should disclose discipline you personally received within a student organization. Like being disciplined by a coach of a sports team or by the leadership of a club...

One other potential reading I'm worried about is in the sense that you should disclose discipline that an organization you were a part of received: e.g., one's club being sanctioned or dissolved for whatever reason. Do any of you think UVA is asking for disclosure of the latter, i.e. University discipline of one's club that involves no personal discipline whatsoever?

persia1921

New

Re: UVA Law Character & Fitness

Postby persia1921 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:55 pm

I think your interpretation is right.

cavalier1138

Re: UVA Law Character & Fitness

Postby cavalier1138 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:12 pm

I think that's probably more in line with what they're concerned about. I don't even understand how they would follow up your intramural soccer team "disciplining" you for showing up to practice hungover.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�