Northwestern ED a bad decision?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Three.Hole.Punch.Jim

Northwestern ED a bad decision?

Postby Three.Hole.Punch.Jim » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:40 pm

I recently visited Northwestern and absolutely loved it. I am very interested in applying and ultimately attending, however (like everyone) money is going to play a huge role in my admission decision. The ED scholarship is a large chunk of the total tuition at 150k. Would it be wise to apply early? Or is it possible to have access to scholarships that are comparable when applying regular decision? I don’t want to lose out on the chance to apply for the ED scholarship if it’s my only shot at that kind of scholarship. My stats are LSAT 173 and GPA 3.86.

sparkytrainer

Re: Northwestern ED a bad decision?

Postby sparkytrainer » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:45 pm

You will get more money from UVA or others if you write strong Why X essays. the NW scholarship isn't a full scholly anymore, so dont ED.

Platopus

Postby Platopus » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:46 pm

Dont ED; your numbers are strong enough to warrant $$ all over the T-13, including Northwestern

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:51 pm

It's definitely not your only shot at money. You'll see a lot of $$$ throughout the T13. You could probably get the $165k or whatever a fullride is from NW.
Unless you are deadset on residing and practicing in Chicago, I'd apply broadly.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”