Advice needed! Application hold :(

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
dan9257

Advice needed! Application hold :(

Postby dan9257 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:31 am

I signed up for December exam but I already have a score on my file. I asked USC law admissions to review my file with my current score b/c I am not sure if I would actually take the December test. But they replied to me saying they can't review my file as long as I am registered. In order to be reviewed, they said I should cancel my registration and show them the screenshot of my LSAC account page showing no future test.
I am considering to retake in February and I really want the adcom to review my file now because I am 75ths for USC and getting reviewed in March (after Feb score is released) is too late.
What should I tell the adcom in the email? Is it rude to insist reviewing when they already told me they can't?

TheKingLives

Re: Advice needed! Application hold :(

Postby TheKingLives » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:50 am

Personally, I think it would be rude to insist. They're likely following school policy by requiring that you cancel your current registration, and chances are they can't (or won't) waive that policy if they haven't done so already. Is USC your top choice? If you're at or above the 75th percentile for USC, your chances are likely good for admission.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”