Scholarship Negotiation-Friendly Schools

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Scholarship Negotiation-Friendly Schools

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:45 pm

Hey guys!

Now that scholarships are rolling out and negotiation time is coming up, I thought it would be helpful (for future TLSers as well) if we shared ideas on which schools were the most open or closed to negotiating.

Feel free to share personal experiences on which schools have offered more , or which schools are "our offer is final. Take it out leave it."

I know that the amount of increase largely depends on the applicant and his/numbers but maybe it's helpful to know what to expect and manage expectations.

pyramidenergy888

New

Re: Scholarship Negotiation-Friendly Schools

Postby pyramidenergy888 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:03 pm

Sounds very helpful would love to hear what people with previous experience have to say...

cantyoloforever

Bronze

Postby cantyoloforever » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:52 pm

Edit - will post my negotiation results as time goes on

whitecollar23

Bronze

Postby whitecollar23 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:28 pm

Most schools will negotiate if you have numbers they want. From experience, Fordham doesn't negotiate. Timing is also important, as some schools may begin offering scholarships on a whim because they need to pad their numbers.

Also, you can negotiate with schools who initially waitlist you, and having offers from other schools does help.

Finally, don't be afraid that you're asking for too much. This is a business. A law school will just say no. As long as you're polite, don't worry about overplaying your hand.

Pinkpanda24

Bronze

Postby Pinkpanda24 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:37 pm

Would also like to know. Thanks for posting :D I'm going to be trying to negotiate up at ND using WUSTL $$

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�