How would you notify schools of LSAT improvements? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
pipipipi

Bronze

How would you notify schools of LSAT improvements?

Post by pipipipi » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:58 am

Hi everyone,

I had a 3 points increase from 168 to 171. I know this is not a huge increase warrants explanation or anything, but from what I read from TLS, it seems to make a difference, especially given my low GPA (<<25% of all the schools I am applying to).

Would you notify schools for your new LSAT score? Since most of my files are already under review (I am assuming AO office put your info into a physical or digital files or something annual) that I am worried that they may not notice my score change in time to make a decision. Shall I email them and just casually say "I would like to notify you of my updated LSAT score which you shall receive from LSAC?"

Or maybe mention this along with supplemental why essays, application questions, etc?

Please kindly advice. Thank you everyone.

KMart

Gold

Re: How would you notify schools of LSAT improvements?

Post by KMart » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:08 am

pipipipi wrote:Hi everyone,

I had a 3 points increase from 168 to 171. I know this is not a huge increase warrants explanation or anything, but from what I read from TLS, it seems to make a difference, especially given my low GPA (<<25% of all the schools I am applying to).

Would you notify schools for your new LSAT score? Since most of my files are already under review (I am assuming AO office put your info into a physical or digital files or something annual) that I am worried that they may not notice my score change in time to make a decision. Shall I email them and just casually say "I would like to notify you of my updated LSAT score which you shall receive from LSAC?"

Or maybe mention this along with supplemental why essays, application questions, etc?

Please kindly advice. Thank you everyone.
yes. the LSAC does it automatically but i believe only if they request the information from the LSAC. they might do so automatically every so often for everyone, they might do so if you notified them you planned on taking the LSAT again, or they might never look at it. I'd shoot them an email. congrats on the higher school; you should see some material improvements in your cycle!

Incrementalist

Bronze

Post by Incrementalist » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:13 am

I believe if you stated on your application that if you were taking another test the school would already request an update. I am not sure if they still do that though or if every school does it. Congrats on the score increase. I know a few cycles ago when I put that I was taking another test they automatically requested the score from LSAC once they released them. But again I am not sure if they still do that. I don't see the harm in letting them know of the increase though.

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:34 am

Id email all schools, just letting them know you got a 171.
Congrats on the solid improvement.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”