(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

Postby lawskoolapplicant » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:49 pm

Last edited by lawskoolapplicant on Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Re: Should I switch my Penn app from RD to ED2?

Postby SlippinJimmy » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:00 pm

How did you study/how hard did you study relative to your capacity for studying? A 3.93 is a shame to waste.

Re: Should I switch my Penn app from RD to ED2?

Postby Dcc617 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:06 pm

lawskoolapplicant wrote:I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this, but looking for advice on ED vs. RD:

-I've applied to the whole T14 except for two schools- admitted to Duke but haven't heard from anywhere else
-Not sure exactly what I want to do after law school, but likely something in the regulatory space
-Could cover school without loans, but would (obviously) like to avoid ridiculous price tags where I can

I am considering switching my Penn app to ED2-- Penn has a lot of the elements that I am looking for in a school, and I think I am likely to get WL there without the ED boost, but I will admit that I am concerned re: the opportunity cost of a binding application (both in terms of forgone other schools and potential money). But, unfortunately I think I am likely to get waitlisted elsewhere as well based on results from last cycle

I also haven't ruled out seeing how this cycle goes and just retaking the LSAT and reapplying next cycle with hopefully a few extra points if the cycle doesn't go well, but I would like to start school ASAP for multiple personal reasons and I'm not sure how much upward potential is really in my score (was PTing around 168-170), so I'd prefer advice that focuses on the question of whether it's worthwhile to go Penn ED2!

You'll probably get decent money at other T14 schools, and have a decent shot at Penn. I certainly would not commit myself to sticker with your numbers. If you're unhappy with your cycle just retake.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”