Waitlisted, can anyone give insight? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Ceedro

New

Waitlisted, can anyone give insight?

Post by Ceedro » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:34 pm

I was recently waitlisted by BC. My stats are 162/3.57 Mexican URM. K-JD. First generation college student.

Maybe I am being naive, but I thought I had a really good chance at getting accepted. I am not disputing the adcomms decision but just want other peoples opinions. Maybe I should go back and take a long look at my application.

Any and all insight is greatly appreciated.

pleasesendhelp

Bronze

Re: Waitlisted, can anyone give insight?

Post by pleasesendhelp » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:34 pm

Boston College? That's really surprising since you're at the median and have URM status. If BC is your top choice I would send a letter of continued interest to the admissions office.

That is strange
Last edited by pleasesendhelp on Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ceedro

New

Post by Ceedro » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:56 pm

I did notice a very minuscule typo error in my personal statement. It was nearly unnoticeable. But other than that I'm at a complete loss for words. Just scrambling to see where my application may be weak.

snw2367

New

Post by snw2367 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:10 pm

The only thing I can initially think of... are you sure that your professors gave you positive recommendations?

JDrat

Bronze

Post by JDrat » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:48 pm

Ceedro wrote:I was recently waitlisted by BC. My stats are 162/3.57 Mexican URM. K-JD. First generation college student.

Maybe I am being naive, but I thought I had a really good chance at getting accepted. I am not disputing the adcomms decision but just want other peoples opinions. Maybe I should go back and take a long look at my application.

Any and all insight is greatly appreciated.
I just received a similar email. My stats are 162/Superior GPA/URM. And I'm pretty sure I had good recos - one was even from a retired Judge here!

I'm quite worried something went wrong in my app as well.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Ceedro

New

Post by Ceedro » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:51 pm

I don't think its our apps. I checked mine over to make absolute sure. I would do the same if I were you as well. But based on what people are saying in the BC Class of 2020 Applicants thread, a lot of people were waitlisted with similar stats. I think it may have something to do with the fast track process (merely speculation about this though).

toobig2lose

New

Post by toobig2lose » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:07 pm

That's really odd. Don't bother too much if it's not a school you want to get into.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”