Question regarding character and fitness and past resumes Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
sertoasty

New

Question regarding character and fitness and past resumes

Post by sertoasty » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:39 pm

I have a question regarding the character and fitness evaluation. Does the bar examining committee pull your resumes from past employers (e.g., summer employment during law school) or just the resume you submitted with your law school application?

On one of my summer employment resumes, I listed a research assistant position I had during undergrad. The thing was, it was completely off the books. I was not hired, I had no supervisor, I didn't fill out any forms. The whole thing was organized by a classmate of mine, and I mostly just did data entry in some excel sheets. It was basically advertised by him as, "do this work so you can throw it on your resume." I didn't put this "job" on my bar application but now I'm thinking that maybe I should disclose it. Any advice? Is this something they would discover, and if so, would it be better to just disclose it now? Thanks.

Dcc617

Gold

Re: Question regarding character and fitness and past resumes

Post by Dcc617 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:52 pm

sertoasty wrote:.
Can you imagine the resources it would take to track down everyone's old employers and ask them to find the RESUME from god knows how many years and applicants ago? Besides, as long as someone can vouch for it then it counts.

Also, I reread this post and think that you're being overly neurotic. Like, to the Nth degree.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”