dealing with family shame

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
starry eyed

dealing with family shame

Postby starry eyed » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:29 pm

So I wasn't able to pass an advanced french class, required for my major, in order to graduate in august; had to take it at a different college with a professor that was hard AF. So this means i'm sitting out a year and i'm kind of traumatized bc i was all set to go to a T50 for free. Now i'm gonna take the Lsat a couple more times in hopes of getting better than a 163 and reapply. My mom and sister treated me like i was complete failure when i told them what happened, and i'm expecting much worse from my grandparents (they all have a boomer view of law school). Anyone have any similar family shame experiences?

Also, i never thought i would need to get a job after college with my TTTTT undergrad lib arts degree. I'm thinking about going for a sales job during the gap between UG and law school. I have no clue what a social science major with no WE applies for? Is paralegal the credited response? Please don't quote.

Re: dealing with family shame

Postby future!jd12 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:41 pm

Last edited by future!jd12 on Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Mack.Hambleton » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:10 pm

Stop posting on TLS and job hunt

Postby TasmanianToucan » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:12 pm

starry I didn't think you were allowed in the on topics

Postby Rigo » Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:52 pm

Shame is a bit strong, but my parents were confused and concerned when I decided to sit out the cycle to pursue other opportunities and retake. They get that it's my life now though. Just explain how pricy and risky law school is an how numbers = scholarships.

I think there was a Jeffrey Toobin article I printed out for my dad to explain the risks involved. Maybe Google search that.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”