Deleted

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
JVrva

Deleted

Postby JVrva » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:14 pm

Deleted
Last edited by JVrva on Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rigo

Re: Need advice on selecting school

Postby Rigo » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:29 pm

Yes, negotiate. It's a buyer's market and you're a URM (what kind?) above their 75% LSAT. For a small school like UNH, your 160 should be particularly desirable because will have a greater impact on the class profile.
Where is this job you have lined up?

Definitely do not attend American. They are beyond awful and will make you pay your scholarship back should you transfer.

Use the Maine and Drexel acceptances to negotiate with UNH. Depending on where this job is, taking one of the full rides wouldn't be a bad idea, but don't be afraid to really play hardball with UNH. Know your worth.

NYCFAN1

Postby NYCFAN1 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:36 pm

1. You'd be dumb not to retake. You're a few points away from $ at a T14.

2. You probably won't listen to retake advice, but since you allegedly have a job lined up, go for free/as cheap as humanly possible if you aren't attending a T14.

3. Specialty programs are a complete joke, don't use them as a basis for your decision.

Hat.trick

Postby Hat.trick » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:57 pm

If you already have a job lined up just go to whichever school is cheapest for you. I doubt there is that large a difference between the quality of education (if thats something you care about) amongst the schools you have been accepted into. but if you dont care about cost, then wait it out and go to BC. IMHO, its the best out of the ones youve listed.

mvp99

Postby mvp99 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:08 pm

JVrva wrote:I am not going to retake the LSAT. I have already taken it 3 times. I also have a job lined up after school.

[please don't give me any other advice; simply tell me which one of these schools sucks the least]

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”