Chances at HYS

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

Chance of Acceptance to HYS

Poll ended at Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:38 pm

High
18%
Fair
14%
Weak
68%

Total votes: 22

banjo

Re: Chances at HYS

Postby banjo » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:29 am

rustyburger2 wrote:I'm not saying it's a bad place to be, or that he had a bad cycle. I'm saying that to not have gotten auto-accepted to Harvard or Stanford with a 178-3.95, then SOMETHING serious must have been off with his application.

Sometimes admissions officers make the wrong call. I like this quote from Dean Soban at HLS:

JS wrote:When I first accepted the position, one of my friends pointed out this exact fact -- that I could be selecting someone for HLS who would become a future President. My response was, "Oh my goodness, what if I deny a spot to a future President?!" All I can say is that I will do my best!

http://www.admissionsdean.com/researchi ... sica-soban

Pneumonia

Re: Chances at HYS

Postby Pneumonia » Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:56 pm

elterrible78 wrote:
Pneumonia wrote:Compared to the entire applicant pool you've got at least 95th percentile softs.

I had pretty much the same softs, with a 3.95 and a 178, and I got WLed. Not sure they are 95th percentile softs.

I didn't mean 95 for HYS, but for the 40k or whatever number of people that apply every year.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”